Votes: 36 30.5%
  • Keep with changes

Votes: 40 33.9%
  • Get rid of

Votes: 42 35.6%

• Total voters

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
if its not broke, dont fix it. Maybe you could set a cap at 2 mil and once one reaches that height they can be considered a rep god

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I like the idea of capping it but otherwise leaving it as is.

podo67

Apr 3, 2006
To the average reader, the rep points mean nothing. It does provide an atmosphere of having an "in group" and the rest outsiders. I think it also encourages participants to blabber and make nothing comments. It adds too much chaff to the grain. I appreciate meaningful, thought out comments, that positively add to the topic being discussed. I enjoy the good info., but the blah-blah comments sometimes makes it frustrating reading.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I agree that the numbers are getting a little inflated. I like the system overall as a means to add credibility and keep conversations somewhat in check. I wouldn't be opposed to converting rep back to a consistent number per rep given, if that is possible. Or start over, but give a trophy of some sort based on the level of rep achieved before the change over. Yes, I want a trophy. It's all about the trophy.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Negative ones?

Yeah, I think cyadict wants to see how low you can go - I remember discombubulated lost his tail :wacko:and other parts and southernhawk had some tough times:dull:until he explained his background. Roger Sprague:twitcy: (God bless the earth for guys like him) drew the ire of the group. So who set the alltime low point on this board? They should receive an award - like a giant finger.:wubclub:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah, I think cyadict wants to see how low you can go - I remember discombubulated lost his tail :wacko:and other parts and southernhawk had some tough times:dull:until he explained his background. Roger Sprague:twitcy: (God bless the earth for guys like him) drew the ire of the group. So who set the alltime low point on this board? They should receive an award - like a giant finger.:wubclub:
My money is on Copenhagen, though he might be making a comeback.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Hey one observation. Can you put commas in rep like you have in credits? Like 1M would be 1,000,000 instead of 100000, easier to read.

We got it...I understand...you have over a million rep points. Do you have to make it any more obvious? :wink:

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006
We got it...I understand...you have over a million rep points. Do you have to make it any more obvious? :wink:

I'm pretty sure he's looking ahead to 10,000,000 :notworthy:. At that point the comma becomes critical to distinguish the true leaders from those that have a mere 1 million, let along the loosers that haven't even reached a million :no:

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006
I agree that the numbers are getting a little inflated. I like the system overall as a means to add credibility and keep conversations somewhat in check. I wouldn't be opposed to converting rep back to a consistent number per rep given, if that is possible. Or start over, but give a trophy of some sort based on the level of rep achieved before the change over. Yes, I want a trophy. It's all about the trophy.

Here you go ...

lg-trophy_gold-250.gif

Now calm down!

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
I voted keep with changes just to keep it interesting...

clear.gif
View Poll Results: Should Rep Stay? Keep it as is
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
25 33.33% Keep with changes
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
25 33.33% Get rid of
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
25 33.33% Voters: 75. You have already voted on this poll

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I'm pretty sure he's looking ahead to 10,000,000 :notworthy:. At that point the comma becomes critical to distinguish the true leaders from those that have a mere 1 million, let along the loosers that haven't even reached a million :no:

No it is just hard to see who has 100k and who has 1M. Makes things more readable like credits.

Maybe we should just do away with rep, convert it like 100 to 1 for credits. And then have some way you can rep someone credits or something. Make it something they can do something with.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Its useful to be able to tell folks when you like their post, and when you dont. You can't really call anyone on an inapproprate post right now without getting negative rep back. While many say it doesnt matter, if I told 22 his posts stunk like soiled baby diapers and he nailed me back for it, I suddenly have neg rep and most folks think I'm some sort of knucklehead.

Actually, 22's posts are fine - he smells like baby diapers :tongue:

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
I wouldn't miss the rep if it was gone. I would still like to give people feedback without posting a response, and the feedback would just be plain feedback, not impacting a rep level.

I realize it must be fun to experiment with all of these little features, like rep and credits (whatever that is), but the reason I come here is to read fellow fans' comments about ISU athletics and occasionally chime in with my own point of view. The rep level detracts from the experience because it makes me hesitant to contribute because some people take it seriously and won't consider my point of view when compared with the massive rep levels of some of the folks who are on here 24/7.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
The rep level detracts from the experience because it makes me hesitant to contribute because some people take it seriously and won't consider my point of view when compared with the massive rep levels of some of the folks who are on here 24/7.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I tend to look at peoples' activity levels before rep, since it's a better indicator that they know what's going on here than those that just say things that get a laugh.

The "regulars" will always be held in a "higher esteem" than those that are on sporadically and those that just post crap. It will happen no matter what changes are made.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Rep levels might be growing a bit fast but I like the ability to give approval/disapproval to posts

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
You know... coming back to this, I am having a change of heart, with Rep inlfating as fast as it has. It took us close to 2 years to get to 1M rep, and now in 3 weeks we have 2M. 3M is going to be in like 2 weeks. Is it going to be a race to a billion now?

I say convert to credits and allow people to rep each other cycredits or something that has value.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
You know... coming back to this, I am having a change of heart, with Rep inlfating as fast as it has. It took us close to 2 years to get to 1M rep, and now in 3 weeks we have 2M. 3M is going to be in like 2 weeks. Is it going to be a race to a billion now?

I say convert to credits and allow people to rep each other cycredits or something that has value.

I kind of like that idea.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I brought it up a month ago. It shouldnt matter how much you have when you give it out. Make positive rep. a standard number, like +100. Maybe limit the amount of rep you give to once a day or even less.

I say keep it, but tweak it. I kinda like the way Hawkeyenation does it with the 5 * rating. If you like a post you give em 5 stars, dont like it give em 0 or 1. So you get an average rating for their posts. I havent seen many posters with over a 3 rating.

Last edited:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
No way should Credits be involved with rep.

I like the fact that the cybookie points are all about betting. You NEVER have to post if you dont want to and still can enjoy the race for credits.

Otherwise the whole betting thing will become stupid because it wont matter if you win or lose bets when you can earn enough in rep to earn it back.