Info: CF v5.0 Upgrade Information... UPDATED

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
FYI - I will be running a complete upgrade from start to finish on the test version of CF tonight and it may make things a little slower on CF during that period of time. If everything goes smoothly, knock on wood, I can finally roll out the upgrade to the live version of the site some time this weekend. If that finally comes to fruition, the site will be closed for a period of about an hour late Friday or Saturday night.

For a list of new features and enhancements with the new version of the site, you can read the previous upgrade announcement teasers in this forum section.

Please note that not all of the new features will be visible from day one as I want to make sure everybody has time to get used to things gradually instead of throwing a bucket of new features out there that never get noticed. As stated in the past, the site will not be undergoing major structural or visual changes, the upgrade simply consists of new features and enhancements that add on to what we currently have and they should not cause any concerns of having to adapt. It's my hope that some of the new features will make the site both more enjoyable AND informative. We have many different types of members and I want to be able to better cater to both those that want entertainment and those that want information and news.

UPDATE:

I have completed the upgrade and testing on the test site and will plan on doing the full upgrade on the live site/forum this weekend. I haven't nailed down an exact time but it should be late Friday or Saturday night

Thanks,

Jeremy Lind

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Re: CF v5.0 Upgrade Information... Part 1

Thanks again for everything you do for this site.

Jerry1982

Sep 3, 2006
NE Iowa

Sounds great Jeremy. You might want to check with Phaedrus though. Sounds like he's depending on CF entertainment for the weekend. Perhaps you can schedule the upgrade when it won't conflict with his work schedule.:cool::wink:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

UPDATE:

I have completed the upgrade and testing on the test site and will plan on doing the full upgrade on the live site/forum this weekend. I haven't nailed down an exact time but it should be late Friday or Saturday night.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006

UPDATE:

I have completed the upgrade and testing on the test site and will plan on doing the full upgrade on the live site/forum this weekend. I haven't nailed down an exact time but it should be late Friday or Saturday night.
Can we bet on the exact time?:yes:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Not really - it's more of a major overhaul on the codebase that everything is built on and a major upgrade in some of the more common features. It's hard to explain it without having it able to be demonstrated but there won't really be any major design changes that should causing any problems. I'm working on a post to detail the changes.