*** CFB Championship Week Games Thread***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
BAMA can suck on their 8 conference game schedule also. There is 14 teams in your league, you don't play 5 teams. They played Texas...whatever, all the other leagues play 9 games and still play a decent Power 5 school also.
Didn't have to play Kentucky, Georgia, South Carolina, florida or mizzou on the other side of the SEC.

The played Vandy and Tennessee from the east. you can't have a big league an only play 8 conference games.
I agree, to be eligible for the Playoff every team should have to play at least 10 P5 games.

I'd prefer it being 9 conference plus 1 P5 non-con. It seems that would benefit developing conference rivalries in 16+ team conferences. But if a conference would prefer to give schools scheduling flexibility, I would have no problem with 8 conference +2 non-con P5.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Purdue constantly going to Jones the entire season is pretty much what we did with X except they don't constantly jump off sides and they don't waste 40% of their plays running up the middle for negative yardage.

They also hit him downfield beyond a 10 yard hitch.

Reactions: Snydes and Jer

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Refs make bad calls. Just saying that when they had 17 penalties called against them, blaming the refs for the loss is kind of weak sauce. Big Xii refs, IIRC? That being said, 'Bama was definitely fortunate to win that game.

My take on Alabama vs Texas is that Texas tends to be "up" for OU and name teams. Their massive egos aren't as big of a negative factor in games like that.

I think Alabama is better than Texas, but I don't think that close result is a fluke for Texas or a horrible result for Alabama. I think Texas would beat a lot of marquee name teams at home this year and it's a positive Alabama got that road win.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They also hit him downfield beyond a 10 yard hitch.

Michigan is really getting to the QB yet they are still managing to get some balls downfield and big plays.

I feel like when we had that kind of pressure we just completely abandoned even trying the deep ball.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Whew thought they were going to hose Purdue there. Not a facemask. Glad they picked that one up.

Reactions: isufbcurt

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow on that facemask call.

Live I thought it wasn't.
The official that threw flag was not close.
On replay i thought it WAS a facemask.
Then they waved it off.

Wild stuff. Hard to argue the refs are in it for Mich after that.

Reactions: cychhosis

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Whew thought they were going to hose Purdue there. Not a facemask. Glad they picked that one up.

It was a tough call. I might still be going back and forth.

I'm not even sure who I want to win. I think Michigan is less vulnerable to TCU if they come off a win (if everyone is right and TCU is still a lock for #3).

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Wow on that facemask call.

Live I thought it wasn't.
The official that threw flag was not close.
On replay i thought it WAS a facemask.
Then they waved it off.

Wild stuff. Hard to argue the refs are in it for Mich after that.

They've had a rough night. The running into the kicker penalty was pretty bad too, if that wasn't roughing I don't know what is.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It was a tough call. I might still be going back and forth.

I'm not even sure who I want to win. I think Michigan is less vulnerable to TCU if they come off a win (if everyone is right and TCU is still a lock for #3).
Nah it wasn't a tough call. Live maybe, but on replay he comes across the facemask, doesn't grab it or turn it. Took him down awkwardly by the neck.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nah it wasn't a tough call. Live maybe, but on replay he comes across the facemask, doesn't grab it or turn it. Took him down awkwardly by the neck.

It looked to me like he was moving him by the facemask (twice) without ever actually grabbing the facemask.

Does that mean no facemask? It was unique that way.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I didn't understand Klatt on that one, I don't get why it matters what it looked like when he was definitely punting.

I think he was saying at some point if they try to evade they become a runner and that play was on the edge of that.

I'd certainly be shocked if ISU players hit a punter in that play and drew no flag.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Welp good night folks. Lackluster night with the late games. Oh well, now onto the big show tomorrow to find out who the hell is right on these boards on whether or not TCU or Bama get in. At least we all don't have to debate anymore.

Interested to see where they slot Clemson, K State and Utah as they all won conference championships, which they give serious weight to. I think we may be shocked to see where those three climb to. I think they all might jump Tennessee and Penn State. And don't be surprised, if they do keep TCU in the top-four, that they slot Clemson over Bama because of the dominating ACC Championship. The committee always likes to do at least a couple of head-scratching things. Doesn't necessarily have to be in the top-four.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron