*** CFB Championship Week Games Thread***

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
When did Tom Manning become TCU OC. Two short runs and a QB sack on third and long. BS on establishing the run. Take what the other team gives you.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I think top 4-5 fb teams in SEC are just legit better than any other league. Put Penn St in SEC and no way they are #12. Put TCU in SEC and they are not undefeated.

If TCU pulls it out they should get bid but if they lose a second sec team is more deserving imho. Second b10 team tougher argument because it’s such a two team league this year.

In hoops b12 has been 70% to 90% deep for many years since deadweight Neb/cu left. No other conf even close.
I probably agree with this more this year than any other. TCU has had a magical season and some of its coaching and new S&C. I could easily see this being us next year. And I wouldn't believe we were really CFP talent. But when do results outweigh the eye test? TCU had no easy weeks, except maybe us. All other teams in the mix had weeks off against **** teams.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think top 4-5 fb teams in SEC are just legit better than any other league. Put Penn St in SEC and no way they are #12. Put TCU in SEC and they are not undefeated.

If TCU pulls it out they should get bid but if they lose a second sec team is more deserving imho. Second b10 team tougher argument because it’s such a two team league this year.

In hoops b12 has been 70% to 90% deep for many years since deadweight Neb/cu left. No other conf even close.
Generally agree with this, although not every year. But for this year if they would leave TCU out for an SEC team, why Bama over Tennessee? Tennessee beat them and has the same record. Hooker being out is why they are dropped right now (the old Kenyon Martin situation from back in the day) but the result happened. Bama basically finished in a tie for second overall in the SEC but the two teams they tied with (LSU and Tennessee) beat them. So the Tide really finished in fourth place overall. Can’t reward that garbage, but then Tennessee isn’t Tennessee without Hooker and LSU has at least 3 losses, and maybe 4 if they lose to Georgia.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
As much as I hate to admit it, I love KState's toughness. You've seen the tougher teams really punch the finesse teams in the mouth hard the last 2 weeks. Michigan last week, Utah and K State this week.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Book it...Ohio State and Alabama are making travel plans. SEC and B1G championship is what ESPN desires.o_O

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Generally agree with this, although not every year. But for this year if they would leave TCU out for an SEC team, why Bama over Tennessee? Tennessee beat them and has the same record. Hooker being out is why they are dropped right now (the old Kenyon Martin situation from back in the day) but the result happened. Bama basically finished in a tie for second overall in the SEC but the two teams they tied with (LSU and Tennessee) beat them. So the Tide really finished in fourth place overall. Can’t reward that garbage, but then Tennessee isn’t Tennessee without Hooker and LSU has at least 3 losses, and maybe 4 if they lose to Georgia.

Agree I would struggle with who my SEC #2 is, but after Georgia and Michigan I just feel like another SEC is most deserving.

Ohio St got spanked at home just a week ago by one of the four teams, ffs putting in 3 sec teams might make more sense than giving them an instant do over, plus it’d be good karma to leave them out over data points. (Just dreaming, they are nearly a lock)

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
SEC has more than two good teams. Probably hard to grasp.
Dude you just said in another post that you never guaranteed TCU was out in a loss when you posted those exact words earlier. You’re credibility is shot. Yeah SEC has more then two good teams, but they also have 2 or more losses. Probably hard for you to grasp when you can’t even remember your own posts 15 mins later

• Dumb
Reactions: CyJack13

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Dude you just said in another post that you never guaranteed TCU was out in a loss when you posted those exact words earlier. You’re credibility is shot. Yeah SEC has more then two good teams, but they also have 2 or more losses. Probably hard for you to grasp when you can’t even remember your own posts 15 mins later

My charity is the Red Cross.

Michigan or OSU could easily have 2-3 losses in a hood conf too.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
SEC has more than two good teams. Probably hard to grasp.

You sound like a CFP committee member now.

While I agree it is POSSIBLE a team that can't even get into it's league championship game can contend for a national title, I just don't think it is a practical answer to the problem. There's too many other options out there, as imperfect as they might be.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It very easy to discount KSU because they aren't flashy. But they are a solid team, who play fundamental football even with all their injuries. Solid, solid job by Klieman this year. Watch his pressers, he's easy to root for.

That said Colin Klein is a really good OC. He call a really good game. Blend of smash mouth and takes deep shots. Does a really nice job of keeping offenses off balance. Will be interesting if he is happy as KSU's OC or willing to take G5 HC job in next couple years.

Reactions: BigCyFan

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You sound like a CFP committee member now.

While I agree it is POSSIBLE a team that can't even get into it's league championship game can contend for a national title, I just don't think it is a practical answer to the problem. There's too many other options out there, as imperfect as they might be.

If I’m putting in 12 data point teams they are coming from the best conference. Not a conference with two good teams.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
If I’m putting in 12 data point teams they are coming from the best conference. Not a conference with two hood teams.
We get it. You have a hard on for the SEC. Sadly this year they racked up too many losses.