CFB Week 7 Opening Lines

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
WVU only 3 point dogs to Baylor? I guess Vegas does think ISU is the worst team in the Big 12. Also pound Texas at -13 or -14 depending on your provider. It's gonna be ugly in Austin, and the line will likely move to -17 soon.

Last edited:

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
Navy +12 at SMU maybe? Think the Mustangs might tank given the turmoil there.

Kansas +9 seems like free money, but there’s cause for pause. You figure the Sooners really want to get right going into the bye and Kansas will be playing with a back up QB, even though he did play well against TCU.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Navy +12 at SMU maybe? Think the Mustangs might tank given the turmoil there.

Kansas +9 seems like free money, but there’s cause for pause. You figure the Sooners really want to get right going into the bye and Kansas will be playing with a back up QB, even though he did play well against TCU.
Their backup Bean was a multi year FBS starter at UNT. It's not like they're trotting out some freshman. Also keep in mind their starting RB is out since he was injured against us. I think Vegas is playing the injuries here.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I have no confidence in winning but Texas gets up for OU and sleeps on everybody else. It’s their dna.

That’s probably already well reflected in 13 points though.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I have no confidence in winning but Texas gets up for OU and sleeps on everybody else. It’s their dna.

Honestly, all of the Big 12 lines are within a point of what Sagarin would predict. Sagarin has Texas #4 and Iowa State #27.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Yeah, its good 'trap game' position for ISU between OU and a top 10 OSU team.

But man, even if our defense gives an outstanding performance and holds them down to 20 instead of their average of 40 in conference games, would you count on our offense to get a TD to cover right now against one of the better defenses in the league?

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
Yeah, its good 'trap game' position for ISU between OU and a top 10 OSU team.

But man, even if our defense gives an outstanding performance and holds them down to 20 instead of their average of 40 in conference games, would you count on our offense to get a TD to cover right now against one of the better defenses in the league?
I figure Ewers is going to have at least one game where he reminds everybody he’s a freshman. Hoping it’s against us.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Texas is going to kick the **** out of ISU. I’d hammer anything up to 17.

I could see Heacock/our defense giving Ewers some trouble. I wouldn’t touch that line, but if I were forced to, I’d actually bet on ISU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Honestly, all of the Big 12 lines are within a point of what Sagarin would predict. Sagarin has Texas #4 and Iowa State #27.

It's like how b12 basketball conference usually is in terms of ridiculous parity/depth...minus dominating the actual national championship games/playoff.

We are all disappointed with the lack of offense and 0-3 in league play but we were in striking distance in all three, most likely should have beat KU with any sort of execution, and politely calling the first half of first loss "bizarre".

In any other league OU/WV/ISU have some conference wins already unless they were SEC teams who happen to have played exclusively top ten teams. FFS, those three teams could be 8-0 in B10W instead of 0-8 in B12.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I could see Heacock/our defense giving Ewers some trouble. I wouldn’t touch that line, but if I were forced to, I’d actually bet on ISU.

The play TJ Tampa made to get the ball back to our offense with time to work with was just insane. As good of a defensive stop and result as I can remember at a moment that could have won a game.

If it were any other team I'd think we would get stomped but for some reason Texas seems more aware of an 0-3 conference opponent being 0-3 than any other program.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The play TJ Tampa made to get the ball back to our offense with time to work with was just insane. As good of a defensive stop and result as I can remember at a moment that could have won a game.

If it were any other team I'd think we would get stomped but for some reason Texas seems more aware of an 0-3 conference opponent being 0-3 than any other program.
Wouldn't surprise me if Texas plays flat (tweener game, early start, etc.) but I do feel like they are getting their "mojo" with Ewers back. Also wouldn't surprise me if the culture comments we have made the last year or two after the game might give the Horns some motivation. That and the blowout loss we gave them last season.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
In any other league OU/WV/ISU have some conference wins already unless they were SEC teams who happen to have played exclusively top ten teams. FFS, those three teams could be 8-0 in B10W instead of 0-8 in B12.
I think some years we overstate that, but this year it’s legitimately true.

The bottom of the Big Ten is awful, and I’m not convinced that Michigan and Penn State are better than Texas, Oklahoma State, and TCU. Ohio State is on a different level, yes, but at least five teams in that league are worse than anybody in the Big 12. Iowa is probably the 8th or 9th best team in the Big Ten, but in the Big 12 they would be right down at the bottom with ISU, WVU, and OU.

West Virginia might be the worst team in the Big 12, but they easily handled Virginia Tech on the road, who is a bad ACC team, but not the worst. They almost took care of a mid-tier ACC team on the road.

The Pac-12 is decent, but Colorado is to them what Kansas used to be to us.

The SEC is still a better league. Vandy makes a bowl in the Big Ten West or ACC Coastal.