CFP Semi #1: Oklahoma vs Georgia @ 4 pm on ESPN

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They ran like 40 different plays in the first half and came out in the second with 4. They played chicken and got their heads taken off. Playing a little defense against the run would have kept them out of that situation.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
OU really did not play well. Defense was atrocious until half way through the 3rd quarter. Special teams and the punter was pretty bad outside of one kick including giving up that 55 yard field goal. The offense was bad in the second half. I mean the only good thing was 1st half offense. And they lost and will probably try to blame everyone else.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
OU really blundered their way to a loss, but it was refreshing to watch a game that was officiated well.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Good thing with this, in the off-season, like other times OU lost when they had a shot at the NC, is that Boren will spin it as being in the B12 cost them their shot.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Our defense was better than both these pathetic excuses. That punter sucked a**. Mayfield was horrendous in 2nd half. Heisman chump - here’s to kicking their butts in 2018 at JTS.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That game has me compelled to make another donation to the Cyclone Gridiron Club. We can’t pay this staff enough. I’ll remember OU’s defense taking inexcusable angles this when looking at season ticket prices.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This OU loss was completely on the coaches. No way Georgia should have gotten that FG at the end of the half to take the momentum into halftime after getting their a**es handed to them all first half.

And then in the 2nd half, what was with the play calling? Geez OU... how much did you have wagered on Georgia winning this game anyway? Went away from everything that worked in the 1st half. In one of those last drives, I believe OU either ran or threw a WR screen 3 times in a row to the short side of the field! I was yelling all 2nd half at how often they went to the short side of the field. All they needed to do was get the ball into their speedy WR's hands in space on the wide side of the field and let them run.

And how Mike Stoops still has a job coaching defense is beyond me. He's either completely clueless, or his players don't listen to anything he says. Either way, he shouldn't have a job. Horrible fundamentals..... never lined up right, take horrible angles, can't tackle, etc, etc.

OU was better IMO. Had several chances to run away with this game and kept allowing Georgia back in it. That will burn you every time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That game has me compelled to make another donation to the Cyclone Gridiron Club. We can’t pay this staff enough. I’ll remember OU’s defense taking inexcusable angles this when looking at season ticket prices.

Also 3 running plays in a row in the 1st overtime when Baker Mayfield's arm is the reason you're in the CFP.

That was weird.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Too bad OU didn't win the whole thing would have been fun to have beaten the national champs.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
OU not going for it on 4th & 1 in the first OT was vintage Bob Stoops. Riley learned from the best.

• Agree
Reactions: ArgentCy