Charles City looking to form new conference after racial issues

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
A well placed source told me yesterdays meeting of the Superintendents for the TIC had some interesting things go on. I've attached the press release from the conference that went out at 1pm today. Looks like the TIC may be trying to move to a Big School/Small School Model. Adding Riceville makes sense from a travel standpoint, as they are on an island right now with their current conference, lots of long road trips. The rumor from a well placed source is saying, if Osage stays, RRMR and Nashua Plainfield are heading to the Iowa Star Conference. Looks to me, Osage is going to have some longer conference trips in its future however this plays out.....
Nashua - Plainfield Seems would run the Iowa Star in a lot of sports. Also not sure why Riceville would leave the Iowa Star to go to TIC. They didn't join after the Corn Bowl was no longer and seemed to fit better with Clarksville, Janesville, etc. RRMR would be a fit in the Iowa Star. Honestly Blow up both conferences and Take the old Corn Bowl and join it with the Iowa Star creating two divisions. Leave out Central Springs and Put them in what's left of the TIC with Osage, Newman, etc. Have New Hampton and Cresco join the new TIC.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
M
Nashua - Plainfield Seems would run the Iowa Star in a lot of sports. Also not sure why Riceville would leave the Iowa Star to go to TIC. They didn't join after the corn bowl was no longer and seemed to fit better with Clarksville, Janesville, etc. RRMR would be a fit in the Iowa Star. Honestly Blow up both conferences and Take the old Cornbowl and join it with the Iowa Star creating two divisions. Leave out Central Springs and Put them in what's left of the TIC with Osage, Newman, etc. Have New Hampton and Cresco join the new TIC.

7 of the NIC schools are in the west. I don’t think many teams would agree to go east.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Osage tells TIC thanks but no thanks to going west. Complained about travel distance. Wrestling travel would be irrelevant so this all comes down to volleyball? The Osage people that I know who are in the know said this involved wrestling and volleyball.

This just reinforces that the longhorns of Iowa HS athletics should go to the NEIC.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Osage tells TIC thanks but no thanks to going west. Complained about travel distance. Wrestling travel would be irrelevant so this all comes down to volleyball? The Osage people that I know who are in the know said this involved wrestling and volleyball.

This just reinforces that the longhorns of Iowa HS athletics should go to the NEIC.
No chance the conference lets them stay put?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No chance the conference lets them stay put?
I think most likely they would. Talked to a board member of another TIC conference member last night and Osage has definitely not been fully truthful with what has been said in the beggining of this whole thing. When I mentioned something an Osage person told me they received direct from their administration/school board, this other school board member said that it was completely untrue.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
I think most likely they would. Talked to a board member of another TIC conference member last night and Osage has definitely not been fully truthful with what has been said in the beggining of this whole thing. When I mentioned something an Osage person told me they received direct from their administration/school board, this other school board member said that it was completely untrue.
Not really surprised there.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan1965

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Part of me thinks Osage-folk like being in the middle of that drama.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Whatever happened to good old fashioned heckling, “Hey 20 your shoes untied”
When my kids were young (gotta be close to 20 years ago, it was the old ballpark) we were at a Cedar Rapids Kernels game and we were walking around the park a bit. As we were behind the right field bleachers, we could hear a loud voice repeatedly calling out from the stands, “Surf’s up, dude!” One of the visiting outfielders had long blond hair, and that was the heckling choice of the day.

Cracked all three of us up. “Surf’s up, dude” is now one of our family sayings.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
When my kids were young (gotta be close to 20 years ago, it was the old ballpark) we were at a Cedar Rapids Kernels game and we were walking around the park a bit. As we were behind the right field bleachers, we could hear a loud voice repeatedly calling out from the stands, “Surf’s up, dude!” One of the visiting outfielders had long blond hair, and that was the heckling choice of the day.

Cracked all three of us up. “Surf’s up, dude” is now one of our family sayings.

And totally harmless in the grand scheme of things. Just fun, and tbh the right fielder probably thought it was funny

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Crestwood votes to look into joining much smaller schools of Upper Iowa conference. Superintendent of Cresco is also Sup of South Winn who is member of Upper Iowa Conference. More interesting is he is president of NEIC conference currently. This after Crestwood voted Waverly out of NEIC last year. Future of Iowa’s oldest conference now in serious jeopardy.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Crestwood votes to look into joining much smaller schools of Upper Iowa conference. Superintendent of Cresco is also Sup of South Winn who is member of Upper Iowa Conference. More interesting is he is president of NEIC conference currently. This after Crestwood voted Waverly out of NEIC last year. Future of Iowa’s oldest conference now in serious jeopardy.
Looks like WSR is going independent for the time being. Not sure who's going to want to play them without the conference affiliation.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyclone06

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
New Hampton should be able to slide into the NICL.

Waukon and Cresco to the Upper Iowa.

Not real sure where Decorah and Charles City end up.

I assume Waverly gets into the WAMAC this time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron