Charlie Spegal

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I don't know if many of you saw this but I always find these stories confusing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ater-high-school-back-still-seeking-attention

If the reported numbers are accurate surely any number of schools (especially fcs) could risk a roster sport on that cailber of athlete and figure out what to do with him, if its staying at running back or moving to linebacker.

Here are highlights:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/3339552/Charlie-Spegal

247 not showing any offers and very little interest even.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Looks like a football player! I bet he'd have several offers if he were a few inches taller.

He would be a versatile player on a roster, running back, linebacker or even the hybrid fullback/tight end role Seonbuchner plays so well.

Mike Alstott, Ironhead Heyward, Jerome Bettis running style - rather run through you than around you. Teams always need this type player.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Call me an *** but I stopped reading after the first paragraph. My son had games where he had 30-40 carries, but he nor I was so individual first that we logged stats to know his yards. At end of the season he would get totals and most times break downs by game.

If the team won we felt he did fine. If they lost, was there something he could have done to help. I was this way when I played.

The parents I see logging stats in any sport are the pains in the *** for the coaches and would rather have their kid do well and lose than to get 3 carries for 5 yards but block well and the team wins.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Call me an *** but I stopped reading after the first paragraph. My son had games where he had 30-40 carries, but he nor I was so individual first that we logged stats to know his yards. At end of the season he would get totals and most times break downs by game.

If the team won we felt he did fine. If they lost, was there something he could have done to help. I was this way when I played.

The parents I see logging stats in any sport are the pains in the *** for the coaches and would rather have their kid do well and lose than to get 3 carries for 5 yards but block well and the team wins.

I mean that's not really the point. It was more so to start a discussion on why kids like this get overlooked. Apparently it's the 2nd largest class in Indiana, he had a very productive sophmore and junior year, and has decent measurables. After watching his highlights a reasonable person would think he'd have a shot at any number of fcs teams. Indiana has 4 FBS programs and 3 FCS programs. One of them has a need for a player like this. (7 combined programs that size in Indiana is kind of insane too)

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
"If you go into his highlights, you'll see six different open holes, and he'll go right to the one with the backer in it. He's looking for him."

Well there’s the issue. The kids blind.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Does he have an ACT score? I see he's a 2020 recruit. You often see late offers on guys who can't make grades. I don't have any idea if that's the case here.