Charlie Strong to Louisville...DMAC

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I think that McCarney is in good enough standing that he could be a DC. I could especially see it if they went to a co-DC system like Texas had when Chizik was there. McCarney could handle the details of correcting techniques where the other person could call the plays. I think he'd excel at that.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think that McCarney is in good enough standing that he could be a DC. I could especially see it if they went to a co-DC system like Texas had when Chizik was there. McCarney could handle the details of correcting techniques where the other person could call the plays. I think he'd excel at that.

People forget why we hired Mac in the first place - as DC, he built the Wisconsin defense into a dominant one. Of course he's qualified at Florida - playcalling included.
The reason things eventually petered out at ISU was because he didn't hire enough "little McCarneys" on his staff...

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
He either stays in Florida somewhere or follows Strong to be his DC.

Would not be surprised to see him leave Florida and go coach somewhere else in the state. Florida State should have some defensive coaching openings coming up.

Help Support Us

Become a patron