State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Re: Chase Allen

p8blw.jpg

cytheguy

May 23, 2006

Michigan just got a commitment from a 4* TE they had at the top of their list. According to one of their beat writers, Harbaugh informed Chase to consider his other options. He's ours, folks!!

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006

What a boost this would be for this class. It just feels right that he becomes a Cyclone and comes back home to Ames to become part of something special CMC has started. He would never be appreciated anywhere like he would be with ISU fans. Hope Chase feels the same way.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL

Sounds like the UM offer is not there anymore. Between ISU and Nebraska, I think we win that one. Crossing my fingers on this kid!

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

I'd rather play for CMC than Mike Riley. A bit biased though.
There are a lot of coaches I could say that about. It's mind boggling to me why Heinrich wants to go play for Bielema down at Arkansas. Dude is just a complete doosh.

MRN4ISU

Jan 23, 2012
Ames (Moville)

Apologies for the thread title I guess?

Also hearing from Nebby's SB nation blog that he is headed to ISU, announcement around 2:30.

Per source.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Michigan just got a commitment from a 4* TE they had at the top of their list. According to one of their beat writers, Harbaugh informed Chase to consider his other options. He's ours, folks!!

When was this? This is from this morning from a Michigan recruiting reporter:

Shane R. Kinnee @SRKinnee
Last night, I talked to 2016 TE Chase Allen who is making his commitment today, and he said his Michigan offer is still "commitable."

It is not clear but from some of his other tweets and their timing, it sounds like he talked to Allen after UM got that other TE commit.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Pretty sure the stories coming out of Michigan about them getting their guy and pulling Chase's offer are in an attempt to save face. I.E., Michigan doesn't lose recruits to Iowa State. There is some evidence backing this up. Regardless, he would be a huge addition.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston

Went to the link and saw he's a ginger. Any concern about Iowa offering for basketball?

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City

I have friends in Springfield who have seen this kid play. They all say he's a freak athlete for his size and a great teammate. Very passionate with a big motor. He's a game changer no question.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL

Pretty sure the stories coming out of Michigan about them getting their guy and pulling Chase's offer are in an attempt to save face. I.E., Michigan doesn't lose recruits to Iowa State. There is some evidence backing this up. Regardless, he would be a huge addition.

I can see this. Could very well be the case. He sees a better situation and chance to win/play at ISU. Michigan wouldn't like that.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com

He's got ties to ISU. He lived in Ames until 2005 or so when his dad left for Missouri State.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006

I can see this. Could very well be the case. He sees a better situation and chance to win/play at ISU. Michigan wouldn't like that.

Better chance to play, yes. Better chance to win? You serious?

reaCY

Mar 21, 2014

I have friends in Springfield who have seen this kid play. They all say he's a freak athlete for his size and a great teammate. Very passionate with a big motor. He's a game changer no question.

The next Mike Banks type?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron