Chicago Area Fanatics??

TyCy

Apr 28, 2009
Decatur, IL
Hey Guys,

I'm a long time obessed reader of Fanatic, I just don't post too often. Anyways, I'm new to the Chicago area (Vernon Hills) from downstate Illinois, and last night my wife attended a meeting of the local Alumni Association. They're looking to get more younger alumni involved and my wife and I (04 and 05 grads) are taking this project on. We're sick of seeing Hawkeye gear everywhere we go and low attendence at ISU hosted events...and we know there are tons of Cyclones around!

We're going to be the party planners - IE game watches, Cubs' games, bar crawls, etc.

If you guys could, email or PM me with your email address and what city you're in so I can add you to my distribution list. I'll send out a mass email later this month so we can start to get this ball rolling.

Thanks in advance! [email protected]

chicagoCy

Mar 25, 2006
Hey Guys,

I'm a long time obessed reader of Fanatic, I just don't post too often. Anyways, I'm new to the Chicago area (Vernon Hills) from downstate Illinois, and last night my wife attended a meeting of the local Alumni Association. They're looking to get more younger alumni involved and my wife and I (04 and 05 grads) are taking this project on. We're sick of seeing Hawkeye gear everywhere we go and low attendence at ISU hosted events...and we know there are tons of Cyclones around!

We're going to be the party planners - IE game watches, Cubs' games, bar crawls, etc.

If you guys could, email or PM me with your email address and what city you're in so I can add you to my distribution list. I'll send out a mass email later this month so we can start to get this ball rolling.

Thanks in advance! [email protected]

hi tyler. come into the city gamewatches and bring the fam, they're more funner. signed, annonymous chicago friend of yours

ps. get use to hawk gear everywhere you go, everyone from around here went to iowa b/c they couldn't get into illinois

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
hi tyler. come into the city gamewatches and bring the fam, they're more funner. signed, annonymous chicago friend of yours

ps. get use to hawk gear everywhere you go, everyone from around here went to iowa b/c they couldn't get into illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Notre Dame

Forgot some

TyCy

Apr 28, 2009
Decatur, IL
Any other ISU fans in the Chicago area? Thanks to those of you who have PM or emailed me. This should be a fun year to support the Clones!

GBC

Apr 10, 2006
My wife and I are ISU grads and live in Wheaton, IL.
I graduated in 01 and my wife in 05.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
There's so many Hawkeye fans here it's ridiculous. I rarely see ISU gear around. Every once in awhile, but they look like tourists. The two times I saw it legitimately was at a cafe once. Talked to the guy, he seemed uninterested to talk after I told him I am an ISU alum too. At the Paul McCartney concert I saw a guy with an ISU polo on too. I saw a girl on the train once too DECKED OUT in ISU gear from head to toe. I assumed she was either on a team at ISU or one of her relatives was on a sports team at ISU.

I am interested though about who around here went to ISU/is a fan. I wish ISU had its "own bar" but that's probably not going to happen yet :(

Anyway, Gold Coast here

Last edited:

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I will be studying in Chicago for a semester at Roosevelt, so instead of starting a new thread I'll ask the question here: What are some good places for a college student to go in Chicago?