Chiefs 3-peat thread

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
If we don't at least get Sneed signed this team may not even make the playoffs. Hoping for both he and Jones.
That’s just silly. We will win the AFC West if we sign neither, and that’s a possibility. I do hope we sign one, but both likely won’t happen.

I think Jones would be the bigger loss. Snead is great but we are a DB factory. Great at scouting, drafting, and developing them.

If we don’t get either of them, we will be using that money for other free agents.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Veech is going to have to have a heck of an off season to make a 3-peat happen, will be difficult to find money to sign Sneed and Jones, plus the rest of the players that are free agents. Throw in the fact the AFC is loaded with talent at the QB position and the schedule is a bear for next season.

Most of the offense does return, they need to figure out the tackle situation and find one if not two wide receivers to balance out the offense.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Veech is going to have to have a heck of an off season to make a 3-peat happen, will be difficult to find money to sign Sneed and Jones, plus the rest of the players that are free agents. Throw in the fact the AFC is loaded with talent at the QB position and the schedule is a bear for next season.

Most of the offense does return, they need to figure out the tackle situation and find one if not two wide receivers to balance out the offense.
Man, this sounds eerily similar to what was being said 12 months ago after the SB.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The hardest part is the grind of it, and always playing with a huge target the whole season. Really interested to see how Veach handles the FAs and drafting this year. Combine is coming up quick!

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Any ideas what the tag number will look like for a DB? I could see sneed getting tagged and working something out with jones. Resign sneed in 2025 when we have a projected $120 mill in cap space lmaooooooooo

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Harbaugh and the Chargers are going to be a problem
Getting harbuagh does not get them out of cap hell, and doesn't make their roster any younger. Sean payton and russel wilson were going to be a problem too. Davantae Adams was going to be a problem too. The chiefs losing tyreek hill was going to be a problem too. Chiefs won a super bowl in a rebuilding year. Chiefs won a super bowl in their first ever "down year" in the mahomes era.

Not worried a single bit.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneIce

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I would say of the two it's a no-brainer Chris Jones would be the bigger loss, and that's taking absolutely nothing away from Sneed. But we saw twice in the Super Bowl and once against Buffalo how important he is. Allen easily completes that underthrown TD pass late in the game if not for Jones. Purdy definitely connects late on that open TD in the back right corner of the end zone if not for Jones making him rush it by a split second. The guy is just a disruptive monster.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I would say of the two it's a no-brainer Chris Jones would be the bigger loss, and that's taking absolutely nothing away from Sneed. But we saw twice in the Super Bowl and once against Buffalo how important he is. Allen easily completes that underthrown TD pass late in the game if not for Jones. Purdy definitely connects late on that open TD in the back right corner of the end zone if not for Jones making him rush it by a split second. The guy is just a disruptive monster.
And last year, his huge sack against Burrow late in the AFC Championship.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I still can't believe this team won the Super Bowl with that WR crew. I didn't give them much of a chance the second half of the season. They just need ONE dependable WR.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Getting harbuagh does not get them out of cap hell, and doesn't make their roster any younger. Sean payton and russel wilson were going to be a problem too. Davantae Adams was going to be a problem too. The chiefs losing tyreek hill was going to be a problem too. Chiefs won a super bowl in a rebuilding year. Chiefs won a super bowl in their first ever "down year" in the mahomes era.

Not worried a single bit.
It does help that they kept Staley as long as they did. Now he comes into their cap situation but Harbaugh has turned every team around. I think they're going to be much improved sooner rather than later. Hope I'm wrong