Chiefs 3-peat thread

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
It does help that they kept Staley as long as they did. Now he comes into their cap situation but Harbaugh has turned every team around. I think they're going to be much improved sooner rather than later. Hope I'm wrong
Right now with no cap space and high priced veterans, the coming up season is going be interesting. They may have to cut guys like Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, and Khalil Mack just to be able to sign anyone. LAC's first draft this year will be key to any sort of lasting turnaround. They don't hit on that, next year goes back to FA spending-palooza and they cycle will begin again.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I think immediately they'll be a wildcard team and in year 2 they'll be a contender
I would think they'll win 9 or 10. That would likely get them in. I feel like they underachieved for years. I dislike them less than the Broncos or Raiders so I'd be okay with them making the division interesting.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

I actually think they sign Jones to a 5 year deal. Just a feeling.

I think they can let Sneed walk. KC has amazing talent and depth in the secondary.

Now I love Sneed, but thought Ward was irreplaceable too.

Renegotiate MVS and Justin Reid, convince Mahomes to restructure to add maybe WR Hollywood Brown off the Cardinals, and Chiefs win again.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Name to watch for in Free Agency: Bears WR Darnell Mooney. He was pretty good for the Bears when Nagy was there.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I actually think they sign Jones to a 5 year deal. Just a feeling.

I think they can let Sneed walk. KC has amazing talent and depth in the secondary.

Now I love Sneed, but thought Ward was irreplaceable too.

Renegotiate MVS and Justin Reid, convince Mahomes to restructure to add maybe WR Hollywood Brown off the Cardinals, and Chiefs win again.
I'd like to bring Sneed back for 2 more years but I'm not real big on giving huge money to a corner long-term this day and age. It doesn't seem like they play at a high level for much more than 5 years anymore. We let Marcus Peters and Ward walk and were better.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I would think they'll win 9 or 10. That would likely get them in. I feel like they underachieved for years. I dislike them less than the Broncos or Raiders so I'd be okay with them making the division interesting.
Yes I agree with underachieving part that's why I think they'll be tough in future. Even though they'll likely have some tough cap decisions there's still going to be a good amount of talent with a really good quarterback and now a really good coach.