NFL: Chiefs Fans-Free Agency Thoughts

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Seems like every other team out there is trying to improve in Free Agency except for the Chiefs. I'm a huge fan living in STL now and I don't get why they haven;t been more active with linemen and corners. Yes, they are going for high dollar amounts but the competition is getting them. The Raiders may have overspent, but at least they are trying to improve the team.

Thoughts?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the Chiefs are going to suck terribly next year. They lost some of their better players, they have no replacements for them, and are doing nothing in free agency. My wife gets me to go to a Chiefs game or two every year since like 2000. Honestly, I have zero interest in spending any money to watch them next year, and god knows they won't be on CBS... Hello AM 590.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I think the Chiefs are willing to completely overhaul the team with younger players and are not much interested in FA talent unless it is like LB Williams who is still fairly young.

They have quite a bit of cap room, so I think some reports that they are done in FA market might be a smoke screen.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the Chiefs are going to suck terribly next year. They lost some of their better players, they have no replacements for them, and are doing nothing in free agency. My wife gets me to go to a Chiefs game or two every year since like 2000. Honestly, I have zero interest in spending any money to watch them next year, and god knows they won't be on CBS... Hello AM 590.

It stinks right now! I am a Chiefs fan and a STL Cardinals fan. Both have done nothing to improve thier teams. (FRUSTRATING!)

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
It stinks right now! I am a Chiefs fan and a STL Cardinals fan. Both have done nothing to improve thier teams. (FRUSTRATING!)
Yeah, those are my two favorites also. I wish the Cardinals had hired someone besides Mozeliak.