Chris Williams the Time has Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This is why some of the absolute meltdown is bizarre. Like TJ obviously needs to grow as a coach and if you watch the rest of the league he needs to upgrade talent. He also is coaching in an absolutely killer conference with tons of super accomplished coaches. I have my concerns but I'd like to give the guy a couple years before I crucify him.
I’m pretty much there as well.
Here as well.

Been following this thread up to now out of curiosity, as well as concern, but am out now. Had enough.

Have a good night all, or day tomorrow.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Why is there this assumption that the knowledge about the talent level of the team was more correct with less data? There's no way assumptions about the talent level from October hold more water than those from December or even mid-January. The team was overrated in the top ten, absolutely, but I don't think you're being honest if you claim they were a complete fluke and not good at all when they were taking Baylor and Kansas to the wire and beating Texas going away. There's been a collapse, plain and simple.

There is actually lots of data that suoports pre-season expectations are a great predictor of late season success. Picking highly ranked pre-season teams that had disappointing seasons is a really good way to find lower seeds that perform well in the tournament. Cream rises to the top. Vice versa, a team with lesser talent that isn't scouted well can out perform their talent, but eventually that catches up to you as the season goes along, especially when you are in one of the toughest conferences in the country.

Look, I could be wrong. It could be a total failure of coaching. I think it is mostly due to talent level. Probably it's somewhere in between. TJs probably not as good of a coach as the start of the season suggested, but he's probably not as bad as the struggles they've had in conference may indicate. Time will tell.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I wasn't on board with the TJ hire, good ol boys club.
No matter what, we've exceeded expectations for this season. I'll not change my opinion that with Otz as coach well have to recruit as top 2-3 in conference to finish midpack on a consistent basis.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Well that's the mildest description of persona non grata I've ever seen.

Its an actual thing.

Xenforo boards offer the ability to put people on a 'discouraged' status, that doesnt outright ban them but instead introduces all kinds of errors\timeouts when they try to come to the website.

Reactions: harimad

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
The team exceeded expectations in their first 12 games. Fans began thinking we had a talented team that was Top 25. Reality caught up with them. The good thing s that we have TJ. He will get us turned around at some point. This team is learning some tough lessons. At least we have a Coach now instead of a clueless check casher.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
TJ came into this season with a team comparable to a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I like the results with what he's had to work with, and really wasn't expecting much this season. I can't believe anyone would go after TJ at this point in the rebuild. This is all still on Prohm for putting the program in a deep hole. He left a mess!!

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
TJ came into this season with a team comparable to a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I like the results with what he's had to work with, and really wasn't expecting much this season. I can't believe anyone would go after TJ at this point in the rebuild. This is all still on Prohm for putting the program in a deep hole. He left a mess!!

I think the answer really boils down to this: People are frustrated/concerned, and rightly so, because there is ZERO creativity on offense, no set plays, and no adjustments whatsoever by the coaching staff. This is consistent in what we've seen with Prohm and McDermott and so people are losing their minds. Losing a 15 point lead in Hilton to one of the worst teams in the league was the breaking point, and Williams is adamantly defending TJ on Twitter when everyone knows there is a relationship there, which is throwing gas on a fire of an irate fanbase.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I think the answer really boils down to this: People are frustrated/concerned, and rightly so, because there is ZERO creativity on offense, no set plays, and no adjustments whatsoever by the coaching staff. This is consistent in what we've seen with Prohm and McDermott and so people are losing their minds. Losing a 15 point lead in Hilton to one of the worst teams in the league was the breaking point, and Williams is adamantly defending TJ on Twitter when everyone knows there is a relationship there, which is throwing gas on a fire of an irate fanbase.

Good Grief. Quit being a jackass.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Is this the place where people come to share their terrible takes?

I don’t think Tom Brady is in the top 5 of greatest quarterbacks of all time. I also think George Clooney was hands down the best Batman.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Memphis was completely lost in the woods until 5 days ago. Creighton lost all 5 starters from last year's team. Iowa State was the first legitimately good team that Iowa had seen to that point
Disinformation, you forget Memphis just beat a solid Virginia Tech team 24 hours before. You're right about Creighton but they did have the best recruiting class in the Big East. Iowa already had a road win at Virginia before they played us. I really wish people would stop trying to say those wins were illegitimate.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu and Ankency
Status
Not open for further replies.