Christmas haul thread......

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
It was fleecey. I know walmart has some material in their sewing section. It may have come from there.

I've seen some fleece there, as well as some Cyclones flannel. I'll definately have to look into making a blanket before tailgating season. Of course, I don't know if my husband will be able to use it much then- I might just have to keep it!

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I've seen some fleece there, as well as some Cyclones flannel. I'll definately have to look into making a blanket before tailgating season. Of course, I don't know if my husband will be able to use it much then- I might just have to keep it!

I thought we already figured a way for you to keep warm. :mask:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Playstation 3, Tiger woods '08, and a big pappa Lazy-E-Boy. All from my wife.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Anyway, back on topic. What did others get that they enjoyed?

My wife got me XM radio, which I had been thinking about for about three years, but I can't get a good signal. It is a boombox for the house and also a car one. I haven't tried it in the car but it's the house where I would use it most. I tried the placing the antenna in a south window but very spotty signal strength.

Before I take it back, if anyone has suggestions to help me I would appreciate it because I will enjoy it if I can get it to work.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Standing in front of the griddle or grill cooking us some food.:wink:

I don't remember agreeing to that! But I'd be glad to sit next to the griddle while someone else is cooking MY food!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Let's see...
From my parents Erin and I got 4 free movie passes and a giftcard to Texas Roadhouse (couple of dates out of that one), as well as money to help with closing/moving expenses on our condo that we move into in February.

Gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy that will go towards covering seasons 5, 6, and if I'm lucky, 7 of the X-Files (among other things).

Erin's parents gave me several things, among them an Iowa State photo album with Iowa State stickers (which the logo becomes outdated in 3... 2... 1...)

My wife gave me the best gifts this year - Jeff Dunham's "Arguing With Myself" and "Spark of Insanity" DVDs.

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
My wife got me XM radio, which I had been thinking about for about three years, but I can't get a good signal. It is a boombox for the house and also a car one. I haven't tried it in the car but it's the house where I would use it most. I tried the placing the antenna in a south window but very spotty signal strength.

Before I take it back, if anyone has suggestions to help me I would appreciate it because I will enjoy it if I can get it to work.

The boombox antennas just suck. I have one and get spotty signal outside. I am not sure what the deal is. But my car signal is rock solid which strikes me as odd.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Let's see...
From my parents Erin and I got 4 free movie passes and a giftcard to Texas Roadhouse (couple of dates out of that one), as well as money to help with closing/moving expenses on our condo that we move into in February.

Gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy that will go towards covering seasons 5, 6, and if I'm lucky, 7 of the X-Files (among other things).

Best gift this year - Jeff Dunham's "Arguing With Myself" and "Spark of Insanity" DVDs.

I was so mad about the X-files DVD's. They used to be 80 bucks per season, now you can get the whole set for around 300 in a cool collectors box including the movie. I stilll need a few seasons before Im done.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Bought our new car a couple days before Christmas, methinks that was enough. :)

Although, we had to do that regardless of Christmas or not as the current vehicle's lease was ending.

Favorite gift though was from my brother and his wife. Good sized stone with our last name printed on it and the new ISU logo in the corner - something to put in front of our house. LOVE it.

Didn't cost them much either, which are where some of the best gifts come from. We're not big into gifts, mostly enjoy spending time with family, good food and time off from work.

I may be singing a different tune after Saturday, as we're hosting 24 people at our place that day. :confused:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
At Bellzisu, just because some of us get some Christmas swag doesn't mean we do other things. My family makes it a point to participate in volunteer opportunities during the Christmas season, including the day itself... so to say that we're all selfish because we give out big, expensive gifts is a little ignorant.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I have to say that you know the true meaning of Christmas.

Everyone else, not to be an A-hole but come one. There are people that don't have as much money to spend like you all. But hey I got a 100 dollar this and 125 dollar this and ohh and 100 this. Get a life. Be poor for once in your life and have some dignity.

Why does this have to be a mine is bigger then yours contest? Does people need a little ego stroke or what?

I spent 75 on my fiance since we are getting married and bought a house. The rest of my family was 50 each. But hey, it's the thought that matters not the amount.

So..... Merry Christmas. And guess what. It's sincere and from the heart and I didn't have to pay a thing for it.

I understand the point of your post, and agree - the thread topic, however, was "What did you get for Christmas?" I think that starting a thread saying, "What most exemplified the Christmas spirit in your house this season," or something of that nature might be a better course of action than making accusations against everyone else in the thread.

I also think it's a little presumptious to assume that nobody posting in this thread has ever been poor, since many of us have varied backgrounds which we don't necessarily share here. I think a lot of people here work hard for what they have (and haven't just been given everything), and there's nothing shameful in that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Bought our new car a couple days before Christmas, methinks that was enough. :)

Although, we had to do that regardless of Christmas or not as the current vehicle's lease was ending.

Favorite gift though was from my brother and his wife. Good sized stone with our last name printed on it and the new ISU logo in the corner - something to put in front of our house. LOVE it.

Didn't cost them much either, which are where some of the best gifts come from. We're not big into gifts, mostly enjoy spending time with family, good food and time off from work.

I may be singing a different tune after Saturday, as we're hosting 24 people at our place that day. :confused:

And I'm not invited?? :skeptical:
What did you get for the new auto?

We havent even opened any presents yet because my wife had the pleasure of working 10 hours yesterday but we already bought a new TV which I love and my brother in law sent us a nice new monitor for the PC.

BTW - regarding the Cy stuff, I was at Scheels monday and their stuff seems outrageously expensive!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
An Altima.

Dude, trust me - you want no part of this Saturday. Family thing on my mom's side. 9 what I would consider kids with a couple other "kids" that are older. Many of the 9 kids are rather young.

Mayhem in the streets. Wait...can I get 'em to play in the street?

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
An Altima.

Dude, trust me - you want no part of this Saturday. Family thing on my mom's side. 9 what I would consider kids with a couple other "kids" that are older. Many of the 9 kids are rather young.

I'd be careful letting them play in the streets around your house. I hear that it gets pretty slick around there.:wink:

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
An Altima.

I figured youd end up with the altima... congrats on that one - nothing like new car smell. Well... nevermind.

Youre right, I dont want any part of it! :no:
Turn em lose in the basement and tell them to chase the cats!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd be careful letting them play in the streets around your house. I hear that it gets pretty slick around there.:wink:

That's the point!

I figured youd end up with the altima... congrats on that one - nothing like new car smell. Well... nevermind.

Youre right, I dont want any part of it! :no:
Turn em lose in the basement and tell them to chase the cats!

We tried not ending up with it - or I should say - look at a lot of other options to make sure we were gettin' the best deal, etc. Kept going back to Hummel's. I gotta call 'em today though, the good deal I feel we got it is gonna get even better (under invoice) as Mrs. ISUFan22's company is connected with Nissan. :yes:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I think that we will get the numbered ISU plates as I'm sure the unique vanity plates are pretty well gone. How much are the ISU plates anyway?

ISU plates are an extra $50 when you order them and then $5/yr more when you register the vehicle. Very good investment, if nothing else it adds 45% to the value of your car when you sell/trade it only to put the plates on your new car which is already looking like 45% more then you paid for it. It's a win-win situation.

Unless you get the black and gold version, then it works the same way only exact opposite. Definitely a lose-lose in that case.

:wink: