Christmas Questions: Your Plans for Christmas. Best Gift you've received

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Since Christmas is 2 days away:

What are your plans for Christmas?

What's the best gift you have ever received for Christmas?

Merry Christmas to all!! :smile:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
My wife got me golf clubs for XMas two years ago. I say it's great because it just blew me away that she came up with it. Caught me completely by surprise. For those who order or have got clubs, it's a rather obvious box. Yet I didn't have a clue.

This year, plans? Survive. Starts tonight. Here, there, everywhere a couple times through Tuesday. Almost glad I have to work tomorrow.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Best gift I have ever gotten: I got it the other night. Wife and I exchanged presents, she got me a 1967 cyclones helmet. The gold one with the walking cy. Very Very cool.

Big thanks to 4VR and Bos for helping with it.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
In Iowa City visiting my girlfriend and her parents until I head off back to Des Moines to see mine.

Hard to say what my best gift would have been. Probably the most unexpected gift I got was an iPod (back when they were still relatively unknown to anyone outside of the mac community). When my mom asked what I wanted for Christmas, I jokingly told her an iPod, and then gave her a list of DVDs/Books/Clothes that I wanted.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
I served in the US Navy for 8+ years and last year, my wife dug out my rating badges and medals and ribbons and had them mounted in a shadow box along with a photo of my submarine and boot camp company. When I opened it, I thought it was the best gift I ever received. I have been out of the Navy for over 10 years so it means a lot to me now.... when I think back.

The very next gift I opened topped it though. It was the flag from my dad's burial, that draped the casket and was presented for his time in the Navy back in the late 50's....... (he passed away in the early 90's). She had it cleaned and then folded by the local legion and also placed in a shadow box.

Needless to say, she is great at getting things JUST RIGHT at Christmas. Gifts with a lot of thought and meaning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron