Civilization VI

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Major problem surfaced last night; left mouse button quit working. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make things very annoying. I went online to look for solution, seems a lot of people are experiencing this. This is an App killer that needs to be fixed quickly. The good news, Planet Coaster comes out today for those that pre-ordered.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Major problem surfaced last night; left mouse button quit working. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make things very annoying. I went online to look for solution, seems a lot of people are experiencing this. This is an App killer that needs to be fixed quickly. The good news, Planet Coaster comes out today for those that pre-ordered.

My main problem was when Windows Defender updated and basically shut down the game. The solution was available pretty quickly online. Hopefully that will happen for your problem too.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
My main problem was when Windows Defender updated and basically shut down the game. The solution was available pretty quickly online. Hopefully that will happen for your problem too.
Yes, I did get computer update last night, the problems did not start until after that. Something to look into.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
With my problem (link earlier in the thread), I had to go into Windows Defender and exclude Civ VI from it's control.
Sounds promising, thanks. I'm at work now (don't tell) and won't be able to test it for a few hours.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Got home, fired-up my computer, didn't do anything except start Civ 6. Now everything works fine. I'm always a little leery of spontaneous self-healing.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
About to up it one level from King and see how it goes. I've won a science victory, cultural victory, and now working on domination. Cultural victory was pretty boring actually. Got way out front to the point that it was inevitable, but it still took forever to get enough tourists to win (and no other civ bothered to attacked me to prevent it).

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just had a big patch that added or fixed a bunch of stuff.

The one I was excited about was the AI patching to make it more competitive. So far, it works to an extent (perhaps it works differently at different levels). It's supposed to make the AI upgrade their military units (or produce more modern units). In my first game with it, the AI seemed to do that for a while, but now that I've gotten on a roll militarily, I'm finding my competitive is still about two eras back (and not particularly well prepared).

Edit- by the way, that whole first post is the way it automatically displays when you link reddit now.

• Informative
Reactions: keepngoal

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Oh, I also played in Emperor, but switched back to king level after the AI came at me with 30 military units about 70 turns in (that was before the patch). Hopefully the new balance allows for a smarter AI so the AI doesn't just get silly amounts of extra gold/production/etc to balance out its idiocy.

cynuck

Dec 29, 2014
Anyone playing on macOS? It seems like the Windows version has some differences. On macOS, you don't seem to be able to choose a civilization. Also, no choice of levels.

cynuck

Dec 29, 2014
That's odd. Do they just automatically give you random? Can you use advanced setup to choose?

Yes it seems to be at random. I've tried to poke around and see if there's a way to choose but wasn't able to find it.

When I was buying it from the App Store they mentioned that multi-player is not available yet, but there seem to be other things that are different/missing.

So I'm not really sure which level I'm playing...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yes it seems to be at random. I've tried to poke around and see if there's a way to choose but wasn't able to find it.

When I was buying it from the App Store they mentioned that multi-player is not available yet, but there seem to be other things that are different/missing.

So I'm not really sure which level I'm playing...

Picking single player/create game usually takes you to a screen with a list of drop down boxes for picking the Civ, starting age, map size, map type, and you click the arrow beside them and pick. Not sure what all options are available before you hit "advanced setup".

cynuck

Dec 29, 2014
Picking single player/create game usually takes you to a screen with a list of drop down boxes for picking the Civ, starting age, map size, map type, and you click the arrow beside them and pick. Not sure what all options are available before you hit "advanced setup".

I see, in the Mac version, you hover the cursor over over Single Player that reveals a list of options to the side that includes New/Load game but nothing that allows you to choose any of those options.

Hopefully they'll come out with an update soon that fixes this.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I went back to Civilization V. I love it too much.

I figured you all might appreciate my city names from my most recent game, though...

29dzej9.jpg

ISUalum2012

Mar 24, 2014
Thoughts on Rise & Fall? Looks like it's going to change the dynamic fairly drastically.

I love Civ 6 and have logged far too many hours on it, so I'm hoping this is an improvement and not change for expansions sack.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Thoughts on Rise & Fall? Looks like it's going to change the dynamic fairly drastically.

I love Civ 6 and have logged far too many hours on it, so I'm hoping this is an improvement and not change for expansions sack.

I'm looking forward to it a lot. My main problem has always been getting to the point in the game where you know you're either going to dominate or lose and it's just a matter of playing it out (and I don't). Sounds like this will throws some curves in the formula so that you can come back from a deficit or lose a lead if you're not careful. If it does that, I'll be playing a ton again.

ISUalum2012

Mar 24, 2014
I'm looking forward to it a lot. My main problem has always been getting to the point in the game where you know you're either going to dominate or lose and it's just a matter of playing it out (and I don't). Sounds like this will throws some curves in the formula so that you can come back from a deficit or lose a lead if you're not careful. If it does that, I'll be playing a ton again.

For sure. I feel like that can definitely happen on the lower difficulties, but when I play on Emperor or higher, it usually takes much longer and often to the end to feel like I'm going to win.

I agree though, the golden ages definitely seem to make things more dynamic. Even from a CPU perspective a CPU way out in the lead could come back to earth. Or at least that's how I'm hoping it plays out.