CKLV Invite IS STACKED

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I will say this, that we aren't dodging competition! Lots of guys/teams avoid tournaments like this so they don't take losses. David Carr could have easily done this and keep his #2 ranking. All of our guys have faced tough competition already this year. Might hurt some in ranking and help others in rankings, but it will get us better prepared.
Wonder if Cornell will trot Ramirez out in two weeks.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Unless he is unable to go, they better. Other wise it is just ducking David to retain ranking. Some teams are like that, but I don't recall Cornell being that kind of team.
I wouldn’t underestimate the lengths to which college coaches will go to get an edge. Bigger issue is that they are incentivized to do so

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I will say this, that we aren't dodging competition! Lots of guys/teams avoid tournaments like this so they don't take losses. David Carr could have easily done this and keep his #2 ranking. All of our guys have faced tough competition already this year. Might hurt some in ranking and help others in rankings, but it will get us better prepared.
I agree I love seeing them put it on the line and compete. I will also say Carr’s 1 seed last year was brutal. It included Griffith in the quarters and Monday in the semis so any of the top 4 seeds are about the same path.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
You can’t actually read CF and expect wrestling news, can you?
It's gotten significantly better in the past couple years. Gotta credit CW for investing in Jacque as a dedicated writer for the sport and have the Reaction Time podcast. Would've been nice to have a quick article on winning the tournament over the weekend, but there has been great wrestling coverage the last couple year

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
I haven't seen anything. Meanwhile, intermatwrestle.com took note, declaring it the best regular-season wrestling tournament since the 2014 Southern Scuffle.
Interesting. I thought there were some good people there even with the guys who sat out. Lot of fun

Reactions: StormWarning11

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
It's gotten significantly better in the past couple years. Gotta credit CW for investing in Jacque as a dedicated writer for the sport and have the Reaction Time podcast. Would've been nice to have a quick article on winning the tournament over the weekend, but there has been great wrestling coverage the last couple year
And I mean nothing against Cyclone Fanatic crew. Just thought it was strange to not having anything about Yonger and team winning CKLV. They normally do a great job

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Wrestling coverage has substantially improved the last few years, thanks in part to Jacque C. and CF. Also, the coaching staff has made itself more available.

It used to be a desert and when you got anything it was sometimes brackish water.

Remember the year the DSM Register published a sour grapes report from some wrestler of no reknown who was mad at coach Dοuglas because he wouldn't let him wrestle-off against Joe Heskett (who had just finished 3rd at NCAAs the prior spring)?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Rob Gray is involved in wrestling now too.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Curious, what was the score of the match prior to Feldkamp tossing and pinning Munoz? Was Will winning 4-3? or was Munoz up 3-1?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Curious, what was the score of the match prior to Feldkamp tossing and pinning Munoz? Was Will winning 4-3? or was Munoz up 3-1?
Munoz got the first takedown. Feldkamp basically took himself down trying a funk roll. Going for the pin.

Help Support Us

Become a patron