***Cliff Keen Vegas Invitational Dec 2-3***

NYWRESTLER94

Oct 14, 2015
I saw that and he barely won first round too. Should be interesting. I think he is pulling a lot of weight to make 174, so it may play to our advantage to face him tomorrow after making weight on consecutive days.
I don't know if he's necessarily pulling a lot to make the weight maybe adjusting to the weight cut still. I had heard he had weighed in as light as 182 to make 86kg this summer. Either way things could work out in your guys favor in a full 7 minute match

Wuhhsahh

Nov 26, 2016
Is that move really illegal what Meeks got pinned with? A lot of people think the coach should've protested it. It's a UFC choke.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
For those who have been able to watch, how has Simmons "looked". I know he did well enough to make it to the quarters, and stayed with Dance, though sounded like Dance rode him the entire 3rd period. Still, dropping one to a guy like that 4-0, while it would have been nice to see him score, is pretty respectable.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
He has looked good. So has Quean. Impressed with DiBlasi and Straw also.
Earl has more offensive, just hasn't shown it lately.

Lelund looks good also. The 1st match of the season against Kocer was the only one that was a real worry for what his season might be

Reactions: enisthemenace

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Is that move really illegal what Meeks got pinned with? A lot of people think the coach should've protested it. It's a UFC choke.

I wasn't able to stream yesterday. Beyond 'ufc choke' does anybody who watched know what it was? Without knowing I'm assuming an arm triangle? That can be done as a choke or as a hold down and can be legal but a scary for somebody unused to being choked.

But it also can be illegal if someone just chokes with it.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Simmons, Straw, Weatherspoon, and Smith are going to place. Hall and DiBlasi out in round of 12.

The redshirt freshmen continue to show improvement. Also, I'm encouraged by Quean's performance in this tourney. Was concerned after loss in Laramie.

Reactions: Judoka

NYWRESTLER94

Oct 14, 2015
I wasn't able to stream yesterday. Beyond 'ufc choke' does anybody who watched know what it was? Without knowing I'm assuming an arm triangle? That can be done as a choke or as a hold down and can be legal but a scary for somebody unused to being choked.

But it also can be illegal if someone just chokes with it.
I never really knew what to call it My former teammates in the Midwest called it the he snake though. Nothing illegal about it from what I know

• Friendly
Reactions: Scott34

NYWRESTLER94

Oct 14, 2015
Wetherspoons gotta at least keep it close going to the 3rd not much of a gas tank for Valencia in a 7 minute match

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Simmons med forfeiting out of the tournament.
Same for Smith. The two wrestlers with the best/most surprising results (aside maybe Chase Straw) MED FOR out of the tournament. Seems this happens to us so often. Either A) we have terrible luck with injuries; or B) these are coaches decisions which I completely disagree with. How often do you see the Hawks 'sit out' a match? It sets a mindset that we've 'had enough' for today. I'm sure we'll hear that they have a minor injury and we didn't want to 'risk' it early in the season. Guess what, every single guy in that tournament has a minor injury.

And this is not a rant against the wrestlers. I'm sure Simmons, Smith, Downey, Moreno and the rest of them would prefer to be out there competing.

NYWRESTLER94

Oct 14, 2015
Same for Smith. The two wrestlers with the best/most surprising results (aside maybe Chase Straw) MED FOR out of the tournament. Seems this happens to us so often. Either A) we have terrible luck with injuries; or B) these are coaches decisions which I completely disagree with. How often do you see the Hawks 'sit out' a match? It sets a mindset that we've 'had enough' for today. I'm sure we'll hear that they have a minor injury and we didn't want to 'risk' it early in the season. Guess what, every single guy in that tournament has a minor injury.

And this is not a rant against the wrestlers. I'm sure Simmons, Smith, Downey, Moreno and the rest of them would prefer to be out there competing.
Didn't see Smiths match but Simmons got caught in a spladle kinda move in his placing match against Terao and took a good amount of injury time after that transpired before he finished it with 10 seconds left in the match

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015

Or option C - The wrestlers are not if good shape which leads to fatigue and injury which could be blamed on the coaching for lack of organized early season conditioning. Not saying this is the case but it did come to mind.

• Disagree
Reactions: buf87