CNN Democrat Debate

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Alright everyone, lets hear it: what are your thoughts?

A few of my opinions after watching it:

- At first, only one word came to mind... "PATHETIC"

- Joe Biden gets the "Actually Answered the Questions Asked" award

- Hillary Clinton wins the "Award for Dodging the Most Questions"

- Bill Richardson, please, stop talking.....no, no... just... just stop. Your time is up.

- John Edwards..... jerk.

- Obama appeared to be pretty reasonable... obviously a bit nervous at the beginning.

- Kucinich looked like he had a big cup of coffee before that one.... then again, maybe he's like that all the time.. yeesh.

- Gravel.... obviously experienced... had some different views. Did alright, but I don't see him benefitting nearly enough from a debate like this.

Everyone else... meh. Not a whole lot to see here.

Overall, I wasn't impressed. Yeah, okay, I got to see a few different views, but not a whole lot changed for me.
Don't like Hillary even more than I did before watching... am now curious about Biden, but still unsure... still like Obama.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Didn't see the debate, but I'll bite...why do you say this?

Just the way he handled himself. He was looking for blood. Other people were more than happy to disagree with each other, but he was particularly sharp about it.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Just the way he handled himself. He was looking for blood. Other people were more than happy to disagree with each other, but he was particularly sharp about it.

I'm not really putting much stock into anyone this early (waiting for some to say something really stupid or scream like Dean and be forced to drop out) but I have always liked Edwards in interviews I've seen of him. I'll have to watch for what you saw.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I'm not really putting much stock into anyone this early (waiting for some to say something really stupid or scream like Dean and be forced to drop out) but I have always liked Edwards in interviews I've seen of him. I'll have to watch for what you saw.

I'm sure that he's not actually like what I saw, that this was simply him and his teams strategy going into it. I don't really mean to say that he is a jerk, but he kinda was one during the debate.

But like I said, I think it was apparent that his strategy was to be on the attack for this debate.

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Jun 27, 2006
Is Al Gore officially not running again?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Edwards attacked Obama and Clinton, then Obama made him look like a fool.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Is Al Gore officially not running again?
Gore won't say yes or no at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump in if everyone else is looking like a mess. I don't like any of the candidates that they have thrown out there so far. If you've read my posts before, obviously I lean Republican, but at this point I am looking for someone who has good ideas AND will probably do them.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Edwards is so slimmy. He disgusts me. It is easy to distrust politicians in general, but he takes the cake. Considering he is a medical malpractice lawyer by trade, I have even less respect for him.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
May as well put a for sale sign in front of the White House every four years. The winner is usually the one that is one of the top fund raisers and then can get on TV the most. There is not truly objectivity from the news outlets.

I know I sound pretty jaded, well you know what, I AM! I trust no politicians because if you notice, they are all rich. What are their goals? Stay rich and help their friends out. This country will never move forward until someone from outside of the system can become president.

I have many complaints but not enough time to put them all down right now. Anyone else feel our political system is failing the common US citizen?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
The winner is usually the one that is one of the top fund raisers and then can get on TV the most.

That's typically been the case now for several elections.

We get bored with the typical dodging of questions but I don't blame them because one slight slip on an answer and they are done.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
That's typically been the case now for several elections.

We get bored with the typical dodging of questions but I don't blame them because one slight slip on an answer and they are done.

Heck, Howard Dean let out a goofy scream in New Hampshire, and that was the end of his campaign in '04.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Is it just me or do all these candidates seem like a real joke? Besides Ron Paul, I can't imagine any of the republican or democrats doing any good.

A perfect example is when they start getting on the "When Bill Clinton was in office we had a balanced budget". The guy from Alaska called them out and said that the only reason the budget was balanced was because of borrowing from social security. Of course no one had a good response to that statement. They also failed to mention that during this time it was a Republican controlled house/senate.

I think they are all a big joke and I refuse to vote for the worst of 2 evils. I'll vote this year for Ron Paul knowing full well that my vote won't count.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
99% of the time I stay away from these political debates for the following reasons...

- They just plain don't pique my interests anymore because of (see next two items).
- 99% of the "content" in the debates are typically regurgitated rhetoric and the the same things get said, again and again - talking in circles.
- Often times these debates turn into personal attacking - sometimes very subtle and others not-so-much.

I skimmed through this and read the latest post - by dmclone. It sums up my political views for a number of years now. It seems instead of a couple good candidates - voters are forced to partake in a lessor of two evils that has been featured here on CF.

Fantastic, really. It's like the final episode of Survivor...voting for the winner. I don't like either one of them much because both have lied and cheated their way to the top and are lying to me right now in order to get my vote - but I'm forced to choose one of them.

Ick.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Fantastic, really. It's like the final episode of Survivor...voting for the winner. I don't like either one of them much because both have lied and cheated their way to the top and are lying to me right now in order to get my vote - but I'm forced to choose one of them.

Ick.

Until people get so sick of it they start voting for a 3rd party candidate. If there was a good and likeable 3rd party candidate, he could put enough scare into the 2 major parties that they would actually change something. However, this requires people to actually vote 3rd party instead of the lesser of 2 evils route.

The more I read about Fred Thompson, the more I like. They guy isn't a career politician and he has proven that he will stick to his ideals.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
IMO, folks haven't gotten over the Ross Perot hangover. Many felt he was a sideshow, a joke of some sort. They still associate the third party candidates with that views, IMO.

Ross was both good and bad for the third party group.