Coach Otz Needs More Technicals

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
TJ Otzelberger needs to get after the refs more often. The cross-arms side-eye ain't cutting it. Time to throw his arms up and maybe yell a little bit. The reffing vs. ISU this year has been atrocious.

Ever wonder why Kansas gets so many calls? $$$ and see how Bill Self coaches.

Discuss.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So far a hallmark of this team is staying the course and not letting the opponent know you're in a bad place so perhaps it's part of his deal.

Maybe some day he'll get some sway but I'd rather cheer on a program whose players follow his current mold vs. throwing a tantrum like a toddler in Target who didn't get a toy.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
TJ Otzelberger needs to get after the refs more often. The cross-arms side-eye ain't cutting it. Time to throw his arms up and maybe yell a little bit. The reffing vs. ISU this year has been atrocious.

Ever wonder why Kansas gets so many calls? $$$ and see how Bill Self coaches.

Discuss.
Yep, fire TJ.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
So far a hallmark of this team is staying the course and not letting the opponent know you're in a bad place so perhaps it's part of his deal.

Maybe some day he'll get some sway but I'd rather cheer on a program whose players follow his current mold vs. throwing a tantrum like a toddler in Target who didn't get a toy.
Like the squaks do?

• Winner
Reactions: 0u812

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Not technicals but maybe something stronger then asking the ref if he could some water might be good.
Not technicals but maybe something stronger then asking the ref if he could some water might be good.
No. Maybe when he is more established. Watching Kansas/Baylor right now and all Self and Drew do is ***** at the refs. They both can’t gain an advantage can they? I do love the fact that our players rarely complain about calls. Just put their heads down and keep battling.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
No. Maybe when he is more established. Watching Kansas/Baylor right now and all Self and Drew do is ***** at the refs. They both can’t gain an advantage can they? I do love the fact that our players rarely complain about calls. Just put their heads down and keep battling.

Our kids rarely react, compare them to the little ******* in Iowa ******

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

For about a 1/2 second vs. WV Tyrese Hunter actually looked ticked off before getting back to work. I guess that was his version of a meltdown.

Reactions: VeloClone