Coach Rhoads after 30 games...................

• We Will Collective Donor Drive - Final 12 Hours, Help Needed!

We're in the last 12 hours of a monumental push to get the last few donors to meet the May goal. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Another coach to compare Paul Rhoads to is Bill Snyder at Kansas State. Through 31 games Coach Rhoads is 15-16 compared to Coach Snyders first 31 games being 11-20. In Snyders fourth year KSU went 5-6 and then from 1993-2003 didn't have a losing season and went to a bowl every year, a BCS twice. I know Rhoads and Snyder are two very different coaches but I thought it was interesting to show this stat to all the people jumping ship on the coaching staff after 3 straight (ugly) loses. While Snyder became famous for getting solid JUCO players, I would say that recruiting to Manhattan KS can't be anymore difficult than recruiting to Ames IA.

Spark notes:
Building a solid team takes time. Give it that.

BTYamsac

Aug 21, 2011
Another coach to compare Paul Rhoads to is Bill Snyder at Kansas State. Through 31 games Coach Rhoads is 15-16 compared to Coach Snyders first 31 games being 11-20. In Snyders fourth year KSU went 5-6 and then from 1993-2003 didn't have a losing season and went to a bowl every year, a BCS twice. I know Rhoads and Snyder are two very different coaches but I thought it was interesting to show this stat to all the people jumping ship on the coaching staff after 3 straight (ugly) loses. While Snyder became famous for getting solid JUCO players, I would say that recruiting to Manhattan KS can't be anymore difficult than recruiting to Ames IA.

Spark notes:
Building a solid team takes time. Give it that.

Messi, I couldn't agree more. With most major college football programs it takes atleast 5 years to build. This is year 3 with Rhoads with the ability to prove some success with Chizik's recruits. He took us to a bowl game in year one. Came close in year two. He still has 6 games left to move us along in year 3.
In his first two years, he's recruited fairly well. Let's see how it goes after this year. The one thing I know is if I'm Rhoads I might follow the Bill Snyder way of recruiting. Get between 10 and 12 JUCO players. That would help with the immediate progress.