Coaching Staff In The First Half

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
It’s far too common that our coaching staff calls bland, lifeless plays in the first half then finally gets creative in the second half. It’s cost us so many games over the years and I don’t understand why we keep doing this. This was a winnable game if our staff woke up before halftime.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It’s far too common that our coaching staff calls bland, lifeless plays in the first half then finally gets creative in the second half. It’s cost us so many games over the years and I don’t understand why we keep doing this. This was a winnable game if our staff woke up before halftime.
Because that is CampbellBall.

At some point you have to realize he is going to do what he always does.

Make adjustments too late, mismanage the clock and timeouts, and be content with simply playing close games instead of forcing the action.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Not sure what plays you call for an offense where the line looks completely confused as to who they're supposed to block. They cleaned that up, but that was where the struggles began IMO
Some freaky bad plays where several defenders weren't blocked at all somehow.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
My favorite was the run play that lost two yards, then next play bubble screen with only one guy blocking two defenders. Of course that play went no where

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
I could not agree more. And on defense, it is way too common for us to be soft at least for the start of the second quarter s resulting in the opponent being spotted 10-14 points.

Reactions: Cyburbbalz

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you come out blazing the adjustment from the defense is going to shut it down later vs. not seeing things until the 2nd half.

I didn't think ISU was all that much more creative, just more crisp off the ball and KU wore down a bit. And Becht simply slipped out wide and played catch a bit which is his strength. The trick play worked but that's not something you just 'do' a bunch in a game.

The 'explosive play followed by a clock draining, slow developing run play' approach has never made sense though and they still did that late tonight.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Check out the B12 scores for this weekend. 6 of the 7 games were one-score games. Only BYU got blown out. ISU needs to figure out how to win its share of one-score games because the B12 is so damn competitive from top to bottom.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron