(Cole Bair) Mark Farley quote

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cole from CR Gazette just said on Kxno that Farley told him that Theo Day from UNI is the best QB in the State.

Have not seen him play. Farley's coach speak aside, how's his game?

• Wow
Reactions: CycoCyclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pretty sure someone in another thread said he's a future NFLer but I don't know much about him.

I don't discount that he's the best in the state. ISU needs consistency there and I don't know if the Michigan guy will do much at Iowa without Michigan talent around him.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Cole from CR Gazette just said on Kxno that Farley told him that Theo Day from UNI is the best QB in the State.

Have not seen him play. Farley's coach speak aside, how's his game?

He could be... but that isn't really saying a whole lot honestly.

• Sad
Reactions: Acylum

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It’s more of indictment on what Iowa and ISU have than saying he’s all that great. This may be the worst set of QB’s this state has seen in a long time

Reactions: pace74

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I'll weigh in after watching him for two years...

He's absolutely the most talented quarterback from a physical perspective that UNI has had since Kurt Warner. Huge arm, huge body (6-5 240), decently mobile. Makes all the throws and stretches the field really, really well.

Started his career at Michigan State and got caught up in the coaching change there after being a consensus 4 star recruit.

I do believe, and it's other places as well, that he's a guy that gets drafted and can work himself into the first half of the draft if he has another year like last year.

UNI had the best offense in the Valley once league play rolled around and he was the reason. There's no reason to think he can't repeat it.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
He was behind on the depth chart to two guys who were very average in rocky lombardi (transferred to northern Illinois I think) and Payton Thorne who no one was really sad to see transfer to auburn. Guy has great size but he was just a three star recruit with limited mobility and there is a reason no P5 team picked him up.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It's incredibly hard to get drafted as a QB. Purdy was probably the best QB the state has seen in at least a decade and he barely got drafted.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'll weigh in after watching him for two years...

He's absolutely the most talented quarterback from a physical perspective that UNI has had since Kurt Warner. Huge arm, huge body (6-5 240), decently mobile. Makes all the throws and stretches the field really, really well.

Started his career at Michigan State and got caught up in the coaching change there after being a consensus 4 star recruit.

I do believe, and it's other places as well, that he's a guy that gets drafted and can work himself into the first half of the draft if he has another year like last year.

UNI had the best offense in the Valley once league play rolled around and he was the reason. There's no reason to think he can't repeat it.
I’ve seen him play a couple games in the dome. He’s ok. Farley did some weird stuff with him and didn’t let him open up consistently. I’m not sure he has the weapons to really show the merit he’s somewhat getting. He’s good but in that system I don’t know any qb can be great.

Reactions: aauummm

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Why are we being so quick to trash Hunter? It was his 1st year starting...replacing arguably the best QB Iowa State has ever had. If we should have trashed anyone, it should have been the O-Line...or Tom Manning...and he's gone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron