College Basketball Live-Underappreciated Teams

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Watching CBB Live on ESPN with Cotter, Spatola and Greenberg between games and they start a discussion about "Underappreciated Teams." The first one they throw out there is 7th ranked UNC. Then we go to #4, UVA. Their next one would probably qualify from a brand name standpoint, but it's 6th ranked Nevada. Finally they stretch out all the way to #9 Michigan.

I don't know what I was expecting, and I definitely didn't expect ISU to get mentioned, but I thought maybe they'd step outside of the top 10 to find an "underappreciated" team. Hell, I thought they might even throw Iowa out there. Sorry, stupid thread on a slow sports day, but listing off a bunch of top 10 teams as flying under the radar just struck me as a little lazy.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
LaPhonso Ellis was really high on ISU yesterday. Had them as one of his surprise or under rated teams (can't remember what the segment was called). Called them "his team" and loves Weiler-Babb.

Reactions: LindenCy and ca4cy

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
LaPhonso Ellis was really high on ISU yesterday. Had them as one of his surprise or under rated teams (can't remember what the segment was called). Called them "his team" and loves Weiler-Babb.

Saw that and was impressed with his knowledge. Greenberg is usually pretty good and will go beyond the obvious which was why I was surprised how half assed that segment was today.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Saw that and was impressed with his knowledge. Greenberg is usually pretty good and will go beyond the obvious which was why I was surprised how half assed that segment was today.

LaPhonso is real good when he does Nuggets games once in a while.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron