College coaching carousel

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Ok we have coaches that have been fired at:
Memphis, Louisville,Virginia, Arkron.
What other coaches are fired ? We all assume that Notre Dame will have an opening but this could be a crazy offseason

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pete Carroll left on his own. Recruiting is going to be difficult now with Stanford showing signs of a program on the rise and Skippy at UCLA not really caring about those pesky recruiting rules. I think that if he were smart he'd leave before he loses his spotlight.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pete Carroll left on his own. Recruiting is going to be difficult now with Stanford showing signs of a program on the rise and Skippy at UCLA not really caring about those pesky recruiting rules. I think that if he were smart he'd leave before he loses his spotlight.

Where do you think Petey would end up???

I don't see it happening.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Mangino depending on this investigation. I would think Perkins will get rid of him whenever he gets an excuse. He has never gotten along with Mangino and he is not his hire.

I think someone who might not necessarily be on the hot seat, but I think should, is Spurrier. He hasnn't really done a lot of improving since he got to SC. Yes, they compete, but he doesn't have any big wins against the powerhouses and the trajectory of the program isn't really on a positive slope. I am not familar with that fan base. Maybe they aren't that intense but I would imagine they would expect more in the SEC.

Ron Zook should be fired but won't be. Does less with more talent than anyone else in the Big Ten.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

The only place he would go is the NFL. He is the football guy in LA. There is no NFL franchise, USC is the spot. I think he will probably still own recruiting because Stanford is somewhat limited by admissions. All in all, he will stay there and continue to almost get to National Championships.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Maryland could also be without a coach. I think he gets another year simply because of the buyout but I guess he's on shaky ground

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
So far we have
Memphis who hired LSU's rb coach
Arkron
Louisville
Marshall
San Jose St.
UNLV
Virginia
Western Kentucky who has hired a coach

Last edited:

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
Joe Pa may step down at the end of the season per the radio?

Oklahoma: “I am going to be at Oklahoma next year,” say Bob Stoops.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Coach Ferentz will coach all the teams.....

Would it not be a shocker if Ferentz goes to Notre Dame.....HE can make a ton of cash there, with his profile and the "prestige" of Notre Dame..

IOWA FANS WITH A MELTDOWN......but it wont happen