College Football Playoff Rankings (Nov. 17)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What it means is that I am even more excited for Isu basketball...

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
I am definitely on Team "Leave the B1G Out." Certainly possible if MSU wins this weekend and Nebraska knocks off Iowa next week.

I love where you are coming from and agree completely, but the B1G/SEC laden CFP selection committee would never allow this to happen. The CFP committee idea needs ****canned ASAP. The BCS ranking system should have been retained and the top 4, 6, or 8 teams should have been selected for a playoff. There is far too much bias at play for this system to function. Also, Condoleezza Rice belongs on this committee as much as any other secretary of state, like say...Madeleine Albright.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I feel like this whole deal is like an argument between Rs and Ds on in the Cave. Nothing is ever resolved.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I love where you are coming from and agree completely, but the B1G/SEC laden CFP selection committee would never allow this to happen. The CFP committee idea needs ****canned ASAP. The BCS ranking system should have been retained and the top 4, 6, or 8 teams should have been selected for a playoff. There is far too much bias at play for this system to function. Also, Condoleezza Rice belongs on this committee as much as any other secretary of state, like say...Madeleine Albright.

The easiest way to solve this is just to go to 8 teams. I don't think that happens until the B1G or the SEC gets left out under the current format though. Another reason why I would love to see Florida State beat the Gators... and then Florida to win the SEC over Bama.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
They should go to a 8-team playoff. Take each P5 conf champ, Independent (only if in the top 10), and highest ranked mids like Houston and Toledo. If they don't have an independent in the top 10, take the 2nd best P5. That way, we eliminate the P5 conf biases. Teams have to play their way in by winning the conference championship. After these 8, the committee can fill the remainder bowls with the rest of the top 25 and whoever is left. There's no reason to leave an undefeated P5 team out of the national playoff. No other sport, amateur up to the professional, does that.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Think about this for a Saturday in December. The quarterfinal round of the playoffs if the season ended today:

Florida @ Clemson
Oklahoma @ Alabama
Oklahoma State @ Ohio State
Iowa @ Notre Dame

Wouldn't you want to watch those games??

(Drop Florida and swap in Stanford if you want to do an "Every P5 conference gets in thing")

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
ND would be out. Iowa would be in. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Would they? Notre Dame/Clemson rematch, or Okie State/Clemson? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Besides, OU is gonna win out. Texas, plus Notre Dame's SOS should put them in over OU. If ND somehow wins by double digits at Stanford, it's probably a lock.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I do laugh at the experts saying that Alabama should be forgiven for their ole miss lose because after they kicked it into high gear,but they keep saying Oklahoma should be punished for their Texas lost even though they just like Alabama became better from it.

if it was up to the committee it would be two sec teams and two big ten teams every year.