collegefootballnews.com ISU preview

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
dennis fraudphonyat tamu should get over the .500 hump
this year because they have a pancake schedule.
i have an eerie feeling that the cyclones will go in to austijn texas and upset the national champs. that would be nice and would help our recruiting in texas. texas tech will be our toughest game. they have a quarterback that will blast some offensive records this year. their quarterback is graham harrell and i think he will be better than the last quarterbacks leach has had. harrell owns the all time passing records in texas high school ball. i tried like hell to get mccarney and knock to recruit him.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Although I appreciate the talk about winning the North, I can't see it. Standings aren't based on your record against yourdivision opponents, its overall conference record which will be our undoing unless we can pull off some upsets in the South. Texas' day is coming, not sure when, but it will be sooner rather than later.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Culbertson is a good kicker percentage wise - it just when the game is on the line that he has failed to come through.....

clone33

Apr 13, 2006
SE Iowa
www.espn.go.com
i liked the rticle and i thought it was pretty fair and somewhat accurate but i have to dis agree with his "top ten Clone" list. Heres mine.

Blythe
Meyer
Jackson
curvey
Flynn
Stephenson
Moorehead
Kock
Brandt
Mckenzie?

as you can see, i left hicks off the list. he is going to have to reprove to me he can play big 12 football. At times i can see him running for 1,000+ yds this season but i can also see him losing his starting spot after the UNLV or Iowa game. I also have McKenzie on there. He could move himslef up pretty far or he could be a total disappointment, but form what i have seen he will be a good linebacker for us. It was hard for me to Austin Flynn as low as i did. he could be up right around 2-3 simply because hes so consistent. he may not be a bigplay guy, but he is definetly up there.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Best quote of the article "WR Todd Blythe is a freakish talent who is the Cyclones deep ball threat, averaging just under 20 yards per catch and nine touchdowns (and his name is a bad word in and around College Station)."

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
2006 Schedule

Heres my predictions:

8/31 Toledo 14-35 clones offense too much
9/9 UNLV 7 -42 more of the same
9/16 at Iowa ISU 45 chokeyes 41 d makes it interesting in4th
9/23 at Texas 21-31 state is in it the entire game, horns just 2 much
9/30 Northern Iowa 7- 37 ST8 will be waiting all week
10/7 Nebraska 28-31 after tune up game Culbertson finally hits the big 1
10/14 at Oklahoma 24-27 Meyer 2 Blythe ties it late, then d just to soft giving up 3
10/21 Texas Tech 28-38 after dissapointing loss clones ready for techs gimmicks
10/28 at Kansas State 35- 10 much like the A&M game last year
11/4 Kansas 10-24 clones revenge last years crushing blow
11/11 at Colorado 10- 12 nasty game late in the year comes down to mason crosbys freakish leg
11/18 Missouri 17-24 clones get huge win when they need it most! finally!

just my predictions barring major injuries

Fletch

Apr 10, 2006
[quote1146779410=mjones34]
[quote1146755030=Irwin.R.Fletcher]
[quote1146725762=mjones34]
He's a little off but a good article. I don't think Blythe is inconsistant and I think we have had some good quality wins in the Big 12 since 1993....we won in college station for crying out loud!
[/quote1146725762]

I actually do believe Blythe was a touch inconsistent. If you take the TAMU game out and look at the Mizzou, KSU and Nebraska games he consistently didn’t have an excellent game ( I know we can’t realistically ask for 100 yards a game AND a TD). Also I know he caught a couple of TD’s in the bowl game, but I could have sworn there were a couple of passes or a deep ball that he just flat out dropped.

Let me further note that I hope he uses any perceived inconsistencies from last year as Bobby Boucher would say, “Tackling fuel†and dominates the Big 12 game in and game out next year.

[/quote1146755030]

If an 1000 yard season with 9 TDs is inconsistant, then I have no clue what you expect out of the kid.

[/quote1146779410]

Reread what I said. If you take out the TAMU game he only had 5 Td's and 786 yards. And he only scored a TD in 4 out of 11 games. Furthermore, he scored his first TD in week one and didn't catch another until 7 games later. Not to mention the lackluster performance in our 3 consecutive losses. Solid? u bet. A tad inconsistent? perhaps.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
"If an 1000 yard season with 9 TDs is inconsistant, then I have no clue what you expect out of the kid."

Blythe had a lot of drops last year. When you are as good as he is you have to make the big catches...not just the yards...Big time players make big time plays...when it counts....

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
you cant be to hardh on him really.. he was coming off of a torn acl.. he hadnt played any football all off season.. in my eyes he just wasnt 100% there last year.. but stil was impresive.. i think he will have a great year..

liljones13

Mar 27, 2006
Springville, IA
Cylcones gonna have a huge year next year, Im expecting to suprise alot of people. Especially People from down south, *cough cough* Oklahoma, Texas

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I hope Iowa State will have a huge year this year. They are going to have to prove to me that they can beat somebody though. I'm tired of not beating a big 12 powerhouse while they are a powerhouse. Yes they beat Nebraska, when they were weak though. This year they should be strong. Yes they beat Colorado and K-state, also when they were weak though. Hopefully Culbertson has learned to kick important field goals through the uprights as apposed to performing like Rosie O'Donnell on a diet. If he performed like Rosie O'Donnell at an all you can eat buffet I'd say get the Big 12 Championship trophy shined up and ready!

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
Our most surprising game in a long time has to be the number that we put on Texas A&M last year. Most fans thought that would be our toughest game of the year, yet we throttled them but good. Sure, they aren't the A&M of old, but we've never had any luck coming out on top against them and it was in their house.

Schroed

Apr 10, 2006
I bet that when we play Texas and Oklahoma, they will start the games playing single coverage on Blythe because they think they have the athletes to handle him. I just hope we throw it up often to start the games.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
not related to this article, former all big 7 qb at iowa state bill weekspassed away this week. he was at iowa state from about 1947-51. week's favorite target was jim doran who played for the detroit lions. used to bale hay with doran and he would put out 100-110 lb square bales. doran could take a couple of bales and stand with his arms outstretched and hold one bale in each hand for several minutes. he probably could have done it for hours if he wanted to. he was one strong farm boy.i was in high school in the mid 50's and got the pleasure of baling hay with him all summer. he was one nice gentleman.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron