Colleges with the most players in the NBA playoffs

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Man how is that possible? Seems like that was our starting 5. Underperformed a little in the tourny. Plus those guys worked hard and kept getting better.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and 83cy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Awesome to see ISU up there, but this list is off - not sure by how much, but Memphis was missing Derrick Rose and Florida was missing Joakim Noah. And that was just in a real quick first glance.

Edit: Wes Johnson for Syracuse another. He was on the Wizards at the end of the year.
Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah aren't in the playoffs, that's why they were omitted

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I had no idea that Juwan Evans (former Ok St. PG) was picked up by OKC on a two-way deal. I also didn't realize Svi wasn't with the Lakers anymore and with the Pistons instead.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Man how is that possible? Seems like that was our starting 5. Underperformed a little in the tourny. Plus those guys worked hard and kept getting better.

Those five never played together.

Mitrou-Long shut it down for the season (after eight games) due to injury right before Deonte Burton came off his "half-year" red-shirt for a mid-season transfer.

I think those facts probably had something to do with each other as well as Naz coming very close to the maximum number of games allowed before a medical RS.

On the same team, yes, but never on the court at the same time.

Morris
Mitrou-Long
Burton
Nader
Niang

Man, that team would have scored like crazy. Might not have stopped much of anybody, but they would have put a lot of points on the board really fast.

I feel bad for the 3-man who has to guard Deonte or Nader.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Considering how badly the Pelicans have botched the Anthony Davis era I'm assuming BDJ would have been dealt as part of a package deal for Chandler Parsons or Carmelo Anthony or something.

Yeah, I know and agree.

Which means, assuming he held onto an NBA roster spot, roughly a 16/29 chance (16 playoff teams and 30 total teams minus the Pelicans) of making the playoffs.

= 55.17%

...if his eventual team is randomly chosen.

I wish we would have gotten to see how his NBA career would have played out. I know he had his issues in Ames, but I always thought his style and body was more of an NBA type than a college type, anyways. Besides Monté and his once in a generation ball-handling skills, I always thought Bryce had the most NBA potential of any guy during that era.

I guess Royce and his size/point forward skills would be up there, too.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Where have all the KU players gone? Can they really only have 4 guys in the NBA?