colorado question

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
That's an interesting question.

"Denver’s current ordinance allows marijuana consumption — including smoking — on private property by the owner, leaseholder or anyone granted permission to join them — regardless of whether it’s visible from the sidewalk or street.

But it prohibits open and public consumption in a “public place,” such as streets, bus stops, parks and other locations where “the public or a substantial number of the public have access.”

Most hotels in the area will have signs up forbidding smoking in the rooms. Most rental cars will also prohibit smoking of any kind. This really only leaves private property. In truth, people do smoke in public places. I smell it almost daily. I would say that inconspicuous public consumption might be your best bet unless you know somebody that lives here.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I would think Colorado would have been better at the tourism part of this.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I would think Colorado would have been better at the tourism part of this.

We still have local politicians that want to make it difficult to partake, even if it is legal. You know how States often have bizarre alcohol laws still on the books? They're trying to come up with rules like those, only for pot.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Don't do edibles. Bad idea for first time. While expensive for first purchase, vape pen is the easiest way to slide into the weed arena.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
There are several smoking-friendly bars/lounges in Denver. Many people light up while hiking, so you could knock out two birds with one stone there as there are tons of good hikes close to Denver. Honestly though it really isn't a big deal if you smoke in public, you smell it all the time.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
you can pretty much smoke anywhere as long as you are respectful and aren't drawing attention to yourself. If you want to just sit by the river and get down, go to golden, head up highway 6 (clear creek canyon rd) and stop right before the first tunnel. You will likely find a bunch of people hanging out there doing the same thing. Don't overthink it.

Last edited:

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yah Edibles are not good to do if its your first time. Stick to flower.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron