COLUMN: A Senior Day tip of the hat to Sam Richardson

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Just to add to this, was getting on the team plane after the loss to Oklahoma late Saturday night and Sam and Joel are sitting next to each other and chatting like brothers. So CW is right, Sam continues to lead even under tough circumstances.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Thanks for the great article CW and I couldn't agree more with everything you said. You obviously know Sam better than almost all of us, but from the day he arrived on campus he's handled himself with as much class and humility as any Cyclone I remember. It's a tough ending for such a great start to his career, but his stats speak for themselves as an outstanding athlete and qb. Between o-coordinator changes and injuries to himself and players around him, things didn't work out the way they could have, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Sam has been a good qb and a great Cyclone throughout his career. Joel couldn't have a better mentor.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Sam seems like a good kid and I'm sad he didn't get more W's. He wasn't the entire problem, most of the time.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Just to add to this, was getting on the team plane after the loss to Oklahoma late Saturday night and Sam and Joel are sitting next to each other and chatting like brothers. So CW is right, Sam continues to lead even under tough circumstances.

Oh look at the fancy boy riding on the team plane! #humblebrag

:jimlad:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
No Way and I mean NOOOOoooooooooooooo Way that Sam R was ever going to succeed aka lots of wins with the Pathetic Offense Lines that he played behind......

We are the home of verypoo r offense linemen and qb's that paid the price for no protection...........

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sam probably said, "Joel, you will be okay, and did you see what would happened to me last year?"

Help Support Us

Become a patron