COLUMN: Welcome to the conversation, hypocrites

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Utah is in NO WAY 2nd to BYU, except on the occasional year when their overall athletics results might be collectively better. They got a ridiculously false and inflated propaganda boost from the weakness of NCAA football around the pandemic era, when they played how many truly weakened teams? I would be embarrassed to try and talk big about a good record in those circumstances. They then showed after the insanity of a top 10 ranking that they would proceed to crap the bad shortly thereafter. The various pollsters should have been hiding in shame at that collective stupidity.…
I think you need to re-read Cyfan’s question…..

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Believe me, calling someone out for the insanity of taking one media post as some sort of gospel truth is hardly "being a jackwagon", especially when that ridiculous hot take is used to bash someone, when there hasnt even been any actual athletic activity yet.. Call me names if you must, won't change the validity of what I said.
You started the name calling. We’ve seen a lot of posts from you guys calling us the truck stop conference. Some saying they would rather be in the MWC than the big 12. What we have seen from the general poster and commentary of Utah fans is why many of us were not happy when Utah was admitted.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Believe me, calling someone out for the insanity of taking one media post as some sort of gospel truth is hardly "being a jackwagon", especially when that ridiculous hot take is used to bash someone, when there hasnt even been any actual athletic activity yet.. Call me names if you must, won't change the validity of what I said.
It is being a jackwagon when you misrepresent there comment. If you could comprehend, you would see he said "Here is a bit more confirmation..." Not "Well here is undeniable proof".

But of course that would suit your 12 year old drama-holic, holier than though tenor would it.

So yea buddy, you are now Jackwagon Ute.

CyrenAlert

Jul 20, 2023
you just described BYU post WAC/MWC... 40 years later still bragging about winning the voting popularity contest, without actually proving much on the field.. Especially the team they beat to end the season.

And here you are talking about them talking about it.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Hey fellas, around here we measure our d**** by combined football and wrestling national championships. You know, the manly sports.
Iowa state: 8
BYU: 1
Utah: 0
Heck, let’s give Utah 0.5 for the 2008 team.
Glad to have you in our truck-stop league Utah! If you can have a little fun and give-and-take with some pretty good fan bases you’ll fit right in! Take yourself too seriously……you’ll get the “horns down”treatment from everyone.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The same argument has been made about Texas for the last decade plus. Only once in the last 10 years has Texas finished the season ranked higher than their preseason ranking. My default position with Texas football is "I'll believe it when I see it."

You are right about the problems with the 100 bosses, but that is only the beginning of the entitlement and cultural rot around the UT football program and now they are going into the fire. Hated rival Texas A&M has about a decade head start in raising their level of competitiveness and Texas can only play so many SEC bottom feeders. Maybe the next decade of football mediocrity will finally harm UT's vaunted brand enough for them to actually clean out their cultural deadwood.

But the fire in his eye yelling at a dude in a headset doing his job. Epic leadership

Help Support Us

Become a patron