Coming to Des Moines for Garth. Anything else to do in Des Moines/Ames this weekend?

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
coming in Friday and want to make it a full weekend, but need to find a reason to spend $200 Saturday on a hotel room. Anything fun going on, or is the wife going to win?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Re: Coming to Des Moines for Garth. Anything else to do in Des Moines/Ames this week

Fongs.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Re: Coming to Des Moines for Garth. Anything else to do in Des Moines/Ames this week

The ladies love shopping for old ****. West End Salvage would probably be a stop for y'all.

Is the Farmer's Market open yet? Ladies like that as well.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

Very busy weekend on top of Garth, I Cubs are in town, Drake relays, I think Kacey Musgrave is in town, only know of her thanks to CW. Then you have the usually spots like El Bait, Iowa Taproom etc.
My wife and brother are dragging me to Garth fri night at 10:30!! Jfc, he ok, saw him in Ames my frosh year, but that's crazy.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa

Tecmo bowl tournament Saturday at the Kegstand.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs

Yeah the ****** thug is she is pregnant and wants to stay out of the bar scene. Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot about the relays. Hotels are nuts this weekend.