Commenting on Chris's message today

iowaboy

Apr 4, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
47a8b9c9eecace58151435b6d3ca8f0f
iowaboy says:
May 3, 2010 at 6:40 pm
Oh come on Chris! You are going on the assumption that Hoiberg is OUR GUY! Then and only then does your argument have merit. This is the 2nd time Pollard has sped up the process. Seems to me the football search was pretty quick. JP said that he wanted to hold on to the signees. Well, I am sure if a different coach might of preferred to bring in his own. He wanted to save Otz. Well again, perhaps another coach would of wanted to bring in his own. If Otz is the second coming perhaps he should of offered the job to him.

I know I am taking a contrairian approach to all of this but truth is Hoiberg would probably been better off under the tutaledge of a name coach for a few years. Hoiberg says “I always wanted to coach!” Well heck Fred, the path you were on wasn’t putting you any closer to your dream as MOST future coaches hitch their wagon to someone and hope they go up.

Fred Hoiberg is a great man, a great family man, a great friend of Ames da, ta da, ta da. We all know that. What we don’t know (but all feel and no longer will say) is whether he has the x&o’s down and can get the message across. Remember everyone, and please pay attention to this, “IT’S NOT WHAT WE KNOW AS LEADERS, IT’S WHAT WE CAN GET OTHERS TO DO!” That could play right into Fred’s hands but again, there is no track record to speak of.

Now we are searching for a coach who can really coach! Seems to me we are getting the cart before the horse. Even Steve Deace was neutered as initially I KNOW he wasn’t comfortable with the hire but now because of future interviews and he don’t want to ostersize himself from Cyclone nation.The junkyard dog has had his teeth pulled. He really isn’t telling you how he feels because of the backlash he would receive.

You too Chris have bent like the palm tree amongst 150 MPH winds to live another day. You have not chosen to die on this hill. Ceretainly NOT being contrary to this decision will keep you in good graces so your heart will continue beating.I however while appreciating Fred Hoiberg would of been more comfortable with a hire like Gillespie or Forbes who have hands on experience. I will also grovel at all of your feet if I am wrong but I have about 3 years to prepare for that event if it does in fact occur. I however will not gloat if Fred fails as it is nothing to gloat about.

I am tired of having my face pressed into the dirt. I want a piece of the Big 12’s a$$ and I feel a onery bastard like Gillespie would of been the “tonic” that we all needed. To ask Fred to chew up the likes of KU and Texas with NO official coaching experience is like closing the barn door after the horse is stolen….. then again, they may come back for the saddle. IB

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclonenum1

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You wanted LE at the time. Tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

And frankly, McDermott had experience too....and look how that turned out for us :eek:

Reactions: jdoggivjc

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I'm sorry you didn't get your way. You are welcome to start steering your career towards being the next ISU AD and then the next choice can be yours.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
You wanted LE at the time. Tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

And frankly, McDermott had experience too....and look how that turned out for us :eek:

Last 3 guys had experience and we really don't have much to show for it.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I wonder if there is a more interesting message hidden inside. Like every third letter

Oh come on Chris! You are going on the assumption that Hoiberg is OUR GUY! Then and only then does your argument have merit. This is the 2nd time Pollard has sped up the process.

hey that is better

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
You guys are really soft. I thought the KU forum was soft. Toughen up a little. Are you lambs or sheep? IB

I'm a Cyclone.

Are you a Hawkeye or a pig? I ask this because if you are a Hawkeye, your bashing of Chris can be understood when put into your perspective. If you are not a Hawkeye and you are a pig, you have no qualms about cannibalizing your own fan base. Lots of pigs in Iowa and your SN is "iowaboy."