Conan Live Via Satellite!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Conan was absolutely hilarious! Letterman is a god to me...but Conan is right there at that level for me! Never ever warmed up to Leno...Carson was funny but just barely ahead of my time...I mean I watched him but his style was more my parents' entertainment than mine. The wild card for me was Kilborn...I loved his sarcasm while hosting the show after Letterman's CBS show...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Conan was absolutely hilarious! Letterman is a god to me...but Conan is right there at that level for me! Never ever warmed up to Leno...Carson was funny but just barely ahead of my time...I mean I watched him but his style was more my parents' entertainment than mine. The wild card for me was Kilborn...I loved his sarcasm while hosting the show after Letterman's CBS show...

Letterman and Conan were raw and random and allowed guests the space to be who they were and had the absolute best musical guests.

Carson was more like them than Leno.

Ferguson and Kilborn were both fantastic in their own way.

Leno just kind of sucked and while it was too bad he swiped the show back from Conan, Conan really didn't fit the format.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyfanatic

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Conan's podcast may be the best thing he's ever done. He was meant for true interviewing rather than 5 minute made-for-TV bits. It's equal parts hilarious and insightful.

The Harrison Ford episode blew my mind with how much I was laughing.

He was always the best on Conan and Letterman and was a prime example of the host 'getting' the guest.

Reactions: SaraV

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well he did take over Late Night after Letterman.

That's right!

Which I guess maybe is too much filling in Letterman's shoes.

The best thing he did on the Tonight Show was iirc pretend to ruin a bunch of props at the end.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That's right!

Which I guess maybe is too much filling in Letterman's shoes.

The best thing he did on the Tonight Show was iirc pretend to ruin a bunch of props at the end.

When Conan didn't give a **** the Tonight Show went next level.

Conan was always in the Letterman comedy family. He made his own lane, but that type of comedy seemed like Dave's

I watched every Late Night with DL show the next day.

Reactions: madguy30

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
The Harrison Ford episode blew my mind with how much I was laughing.

He was always the best on Conan and Letterman and was a prime example of the host 'getting' the guest.

Conan recently interviewed Arnold Schwarzenegger on his podcast, and it was both insightful and hilarious.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Conan recently interviewed Arnold Schwarzenegger on his podcast, and it was both insightful and hilarious.

His one with Jeff Ross was really good too. Ross's insight into roasting and some other things was intriguing.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
His elite interview skills are sneakily on prime display in the “Conan Needs a Fan” stuff. Some of those fan interviews have caused me to laugh the hardest I’ve laughed listening to any podcast.