Conditt After the Game Last Night

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Nice young man. We saw him sitting outside the performance center after an early football game as we were walking that way to the car. At that point one of the few basketball players we would recognize. My husband is awkwardly elbowing me and pointing and I am just rolling my eyes and hoping he doesn’t bother George, who kind of laughs and waves and says “hey.”

I can’t take my husband anywhere.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Nice young man. We saw him sitting outside the performance center after an early football game as we were walking that way to the car. At that point one of the few basketball players we would recognize. My husband is awkwardly elbowing me and pointing and I am just rolling my eyes and hoping he doesn’t bother George, who kind of laughs and waves and says “hey.”

I can’t take my husband anywhere.
Carvers4Math....I LOVE your statement..."I can't take my husband anywhere"...What a Classic Post!
...and remember GO CYCLONES!

Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Seen enough personal accounts from peeps on CF about nice interactions with him at football game etc (pictures with little kids and all) to have a big like for this Cyclone.

:)

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Two or three years ago we saw him at a women's game and he took a picture with our son. From that moment on he has been his favorite player. I can't remember if it was that season or the next that my wife posted something on Instagram about it and tagged him. He invited us to a game as his guests. Other random pictures at football games since then.

We waited last night hoping to get one last picture but George was obviously overcome with emotion and we got kicked out before he was able to be consoled. Our son was crushed but we couldn't have asked for a better role model for our son the last few years.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
GC has taken in the entire experience too. Always supporting other programs. Good dude.

Maybe it’s not “it” for him. He is eligible for another year.

He was sure acting as though last night was it. But we have seen that before so who knows.

He has been a stand up Cyclone and I am glad that, if this is it for him, he will end his career in the NCAA Tournament.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
He was sure acting as though last night was it. But we have seen that before so who knows.

He has been a stand up Cyclone and I am glad that, if this is it for him, he will end his career in the NCAA Tournament.

For sure. Initial reactions look like “that’s it”, but it wouldn’t be because of eligibility.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
GC has taken in the entire experience too. Always supporting other programs. Good dude.

Maybe it’s not “it” for him. He is eligible for another year.
I think you hit the nail on the head. For George and others, putting on the cardinal and gold hits differently than just wins and losses. Senior night can be tough no matter what happens on the court.

Reactions: CyNews

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
George and his family are perfect examples of Cyclones for life. I hope that we will get to see the next George join the Cyclone Family. Thank you George for everything that you have done for us.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Never have questioned his passion and commitment as a Cyclone. Great kid that represented ISU well. I think his emotions after the game are a pretty good indication he probably is not coming back for another year.

He's the lone 4 year guy from the 2018 class we had high hopes for with 2 guys now in the NBA in THT and Haliburton and Zion Griffin who is now with UIC and having a decent year I see. Prentiss Nixon was a transfer from that class as well.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY