Congrats from a BYU fan!

AlaskaCoug

Nov 10, 2023
Hi Cyclone fans. Just wanted to congratulate you guys for a dominant performance. I hope those of you who traveled to Provo had a great experience. We try to be as hospitable as possible to the opposing fans who make the long trip to Provo and I hope you felt some of the good hospitality. I hope you guys win out and do great in whatever bowl game you play in.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Hi Cyclone fans. Just wanted to congratulate you guys for a dominant performance. I hope those of you who traveled to Provo had a great experience. We try to be as hospitable as possible to the opposing fans who make the long trip to Provo and I hope you felt some of the good hospitality. I hope you guys win out and do great in whatever bowl game you play in.
Probably going to take a couple years to adapt to the new conference, but once that happens, I’m sure you guys will be a factor

AlaskaCoug

Nov 10, 2023
Probably going to take a couple years to adapt to the new conference, but once that happens, I’m sure you guys will be a factor
I think most of us figured it would take a few years before we found any level of success. I'm just hoping if we do become a factor we stay classy and don't turn into entitled jerks. So far we've had nothing but positive experiences from opposing fans at home and on the road. I hope that continues.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I must say that of the 4 teams who joined the Big 12 this year, BYU has shown the most class. Really appreciate the piece you guys did on Jack Trice. It was outstanding.

I hope you guys beat Utah every year!! :)

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I think most of us figured it would take a few years before we found any level of success. I'm just hoping if we do become a factor we stay classy and don't turn into entitled jerks. So far we've had nothing but positive experiences from opposing fans at home and on the road. I hope that continues.
I have to say, I've always admired BYU and your program from afar and I hope that you guys have success in the Big 12. If not Iowa State I can honestly say I wouldn't mind seeing BYU do well compared to some of the other schools in the Big 12.

AlaskaCoug

Nov 10, 2023
Whats this I saw on TV with BYU handing out hot chocolate and brownies to the opposing fans after the 1st Q??? That’s almost worth a trip by itself.
It's a tradition at BYU to hand out a combination of brownies, ice cream, or hot chocolate to the visiting fans at every home game. We try to be as hospitable as possible. During the early years of independence it was hard for us to get quality opponents. While I don't think it was the deciding factor, being gracious hosts certainly didn't hurt in attracting P5 teams to come play us at home.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It sounds like a really good time for the Cyclone fans in attendance! I loved the Jack Trice that you guys did yesterday. It's safe to say that no other team has done anything like that.

I know it's been a tough year for the new schools, but it'll just take a while to get used to playing tough teams week in and week out. I think this new conference is going to be a good time once we dump Texas and Oklahoma.

utahrangerone

Aug 9, 2023
BYU seems to be the most ecstatic of the "new 4" and possibly even "next 4" to be joining the B12.

That means something to me.
YOU try wandering in the desert of Independence but at power 5 tier for over a decade, with no championship to play for, and after the first loss it's all for some meaningless bowl.. you, too, would be ecstatic to be jumping back into the big pond. For someone like me who grew up admiring BYU during those earliest LaVell Edwards years, it's been difficult to watch the struggles since he retired. As much as the fanbases cant stand each other, we oldest Utah fans/alums *want* BYU to be a worthy opponent.

Reactions: BYUTexan

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Of the 4 new schools, I like BYU the most. I will always root for them against Utah, that is for sure. Man, the Utah fans are arrogant jerks. One road trip when I felt the fans were extremely hospitable was at Okie State.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for this friendly message. It’s unusual to have such nice comments from both sides! You can visit us anytime!

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
YOU try wandering in the desert of Independence but at power 5 tier for over a decade, with no championship to play for, and after the first loss it's all for some meaningless bowl.. you, too, would be ecstatic to be jumping back into the big pond. For someone like me who grew up admiring BYU during those earliest LaVell Edwards years, it's been difficult to watch the struggles since he retired. As much as the fanbases cant stand each other, we oldest Utah fans/alums *want* BYU to be a worthy opponent.
Do you remember when they beat number one Miami in the early 90s?

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I would point all of the 4 new schools to TCU. When they came into the league, they struggled at first but became a force after a few years. BYU is a national brand and I think their upside is high in a wide open Big 12.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
It's a tradition at BYU to hand out a combination of brownies, ice cream, or hot chocolate to the visiting fans at every home game. We try to be as hospitable as possible. During the early years of independence it was hard for us to get quality opponents. While I don't think it was the deciding factor, being gracious hosts certainly didn't hurt in attracting P5 teams to come play us at home.
That's a really great tradition especially when juxtaposed next to the schools where you don't want to visit as an opposing fan due to their moronic fanbases. Iowa and TOSU come to mind regarding that.

I'm glad you guys are P4 now. It's deserved for sure. Especially after getting left out from the original Big XII due to Texas/Baylor politics.

Reactions: BYUTexan