Congrats!

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Congrats on that win...I didn't even give an ISU win at Texas a thought after the last two weeks.

I can't stand Texas and have always been a big Arnaud fan...great to see those players have something to feel good about...how about road wins at Nebraska and Texas the last two years?

I have been reading posts here the last month, but not posting. I saw some posts questioning Paul Rhoads. My gosh, the man needs more time do get his program installed.

Wally Burnham is an old school witch. The turnover margin stat ISU is enjoying for the second straight year cannot be a fluke now.

Sure, 120 points in back to back weeks is bad..but to stand up and win at Texas? Mind boggling to me. Two more wins and back to a bowl. Congrats on the win

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Wally Burnham is an old school witch. The turnover margin stat ISU is enjoying for the second straight year cannot be a fluke now.

Just think, what could Wally do with players of top Big 12 caliber? Our defense sure gets shredded sometimes, but they are also very opportunistic.

Could have had 6 or more turnovers yesterday with all the interceptions we dropped. I'm actually glad we dropped them, people can't claim Texas handed us the game.

Going into the 4th quarter, ISU had completely dominated every phase of that game. My only disappointment yesterday is we didn't keep pressing to let the final score show that.

GoldRule

Feb 2, 2008
Parts Unknown
Congrats on that win...I didn't even give an ISU win at Texas a thought after the last two weeks.

I can't stand Texas and have always been a big Arnaud fan...great to see those players have something to feel good about...how about road wins at Nebraska and Texas the last two years?

I have been reading posts here the last month, but not posting. I saw some posts questioning Paul Rhoads. My gosh, the man needs more time do get his program installed.

Sure, 120 points in back to back weeks is bad..but to stand up and win at Texas? Mind boggling to me. Two more wins and back to a bowl. Congrats on the win

Thanks Jon. CLASSY move and I appreciate it.

bld1942

Apr 7, 2006
Thanks from a ISU fan that was there, what a great experience! My player of the game is the ISU punter, long high punts like the last one out of bounds on the 10 to seal the game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Thanks for the comments. I don't think very many people on here were questioning Paul Rhoads... certainly not calling for his head like Iowa fans are doing to KF today. Most people definately have been questioning OC Tom Herman though... and rightfully so IMO.

I think anyone that was questioning Rhoads was just demanding that he expect more from his coordinators in terms of performance. Rhoads is pretty hands off. He lets Herman and Burnham do their thing. So most people just wanted him to be more demanding of both of these guys in their jobs.

There's no question that Paul Rhoads is the man for the job. If you can't like him, you can't like anyone.

But thanks again for the positive comments Jon.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Thanks Jon. It takes a lot to step up and congratulate a cyclone when you are a hawk and vice versa. Well said.

+1

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Just think, what could Wally do with players of top Big 12 caliber? Our defense sure gets shredded sometimes, but they are also very opportunistic.

Could have had 6 or more turnovers yesterday with all the interceptions we dropped. I'm actually glad we dropped them, people can't claim Texas handed us the game.

Going into the 4th quarter, ISU had completely dominated every phase of that game. My only disappointment yesterday is we didn't keep pressing to let the final score show that.

I know, I was thinking the same but when you look back on it, I-state had a 3 TD lead going into the 4th Q...WE WERE BOUND TO GIVE UP SOME POINTS, TEAMS PLAY PREVENT DEFENSE IN THAT SITUATION AND TEXAS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE UNDERNEATH WR'S AND THE SIDELINES. WE LET THOSE PLAYS HAPPEN.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Thanks Jon, we had an ISU/Iowa party and for the first time in my life I rooted for Iowa, I was impressed by the Iowa fans at my party at how they were rooting as hard as me for the Clones. Good day of football!

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
It's a lot easier when Hawk fans show zero class. Man Jon, you're making your fanbase look halfway classy. Crap.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Thanks for stopping by Jon. Yesterday put a nice feather in our cap in regards to building this program in the future. We can all see "it", now we need to bring it every game and take a tittle or...6.

:D

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Come back to KXNO JON!!! Seriously, I haven't listened more than twice since you left and it used to be part of my daily routine through all football and basketball season.

I think a lot of ISU fans fit 'don't know what you've got till it's gone' as far as sports radio coverage for Iowa teams.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Thanks from a ISU fan that was there, what a great experience! My player of the game is the ISU punter, long high punts like the last one out of bounds on the 10 to seal the game.
Our punter Kirby VdK has improved significantly from his first game as a replacement. No looking back. He looks to be a four year punter. Nice that he is left footed and spins the ball differently for the punt receivers. When the weather gets cooler, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Thanks Jon. This is a time when I wish you and Deace were on in the morning, so I could listen to the podcast here in DC. This was a huge win for multiple reasons, and the coverage has been great.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Thanks Jon. This is a time when I wish you and Deace were on in the morning, so I could listen to the podcast here in DC. This was a huge win for multiple reasons, and the coverage has been great.

I second this sentiment. I don't ever listen to the station anymore. You guys had the best show on the radio, hands down.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Jon listened to soundoff on my way home from the pep rally. Even though we are not in a hunt for a National Title, your comment about only having 12 games and talking about the highs and lows fans go through was dead on. I think the people questioning the coaches the last 2 weeks were the extreme cases that take things too serious. The rest of us can't wait till this program and staff "their players" in.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Jon listened to soundoff on my way home from the pep rally. Even though we are not in a hunt for a National Title, your comment about only having 12 games and talking about the highs and lows fans go through was dead on. I think the people questioning the coaches the last 2 weeks were the extreme cases that take things too serious. The rest of us can't wait till this program and staff "their players" in.

Does the bolded part bother anyone else?

Thanks for the players that are currently on the team and what a wonderfull win yesterday!

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Honest question, Jon. Not trying to be a DB. How was that interviewing Bielema right after the game? That had to suck for you! Come back to KXNO. I miss your show BIG TIME!

Last edited: