Congratulations Cyclones, You Deserved It.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
On a day that will be remembered as one of the blackest in our school's history, you wrote one of the best feel good stories in the sports year. Without a doubt, you wanted it. And when I say you, I mean all of you. Your fans, your coaches and your players.

Enjoy the week and I look forward to watching you in your bowl game and rooting for an Iowa State win.

What a classy post! The only bad thing about this game to me was knocking the Pokes (and probably B12) out of the Championship game. I'm glad we won, but I feel bad for the Pokes and wish it was going to be you guys beating LSU.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
What a classy post! The only bad thing about this game to me was knocking the Pokes (and probably B12) out of the Championship game. I'm glad we won, but I feel bad for the Pokes and wish it was going to be you guys beating LSU.

True words, that's why I hate the SEC. Too much TV cred, and they don't play out of conference in the pre-season. I think we have the tougher conference to play through.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I've never really kept track of how much I love or loathe opposing fans (except for Husker fans, those guys just **** me the **** off), but I've gotta say, after reading numerous pre and post game pokes posts, OSU fans are some pretty classy people. Thanks for your inquiries and commentaries. 'til our paths cross again next year!

And, again, my thoughts and prayers to all those affected by today's tragic loss.

pokefan247

Nov 18, 2011
Agree with this thread. You guys kicked our *** all game long. I didn't even feel good about it when we built up a 24-7 lead. I felt like you were getting cheated. I'm ****** off right now, about the game, and more importantly about what happened last night. Rough day for Oklahoma State. I want to say good job Iowa State, I've always enjoyed your fan base more than any other in the big 12. Yes, I hate you all right now but soon I'll remember you as a great bunch. Also, want to mention that Rhoads is one hell of a coach. Unbelievable. Good luck in your bowl game.

Last edited:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Thanks man! Sorry it had to come at the expense of a national championship berth for the Big 12...

Classy, Classy thread.....I wish someone like you the best of luck, as you came here with some grace. That being said, i'm sorry for those that were lost, and that was an awesome football game!

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Greatest win ever for our team but two things:
1. Really hate it messed up OSU's national title run (Wish we could have messed up the national title run of a team like A&M).
2. Thoughts and prayers to OSU for the tragedy.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Classy classy thread. I simply didn't want to get embarrassed tonight and honestly felt awful as I sat and watched the win slip away while sitting with my OSU friends. My heart hurts for the OSU family and the fact that the Nat'l Championship game is likely gone. I'm proud of my Cyclones, but the cost of the win is great. Please beat the **** out of OU.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Really happy for the ISU win but sad that it had to come at the expense of OSU and their shot at a title game. Go OSU the rest of the way and go beat the Sooners!

Exactly! Go Cowboys. Beat OU! Outside of ISU, you have the best fans in the conference. Best wishes to your entire university as you try to recover from the tragic loss of your coach.

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I too was torn between beating the #2 pokes, or watching a Big12 team kick the **** out of LSU... I also wish there was a way to win and still have the Big12 represent THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE NATION!

cowboy09

Nov 19, 2011
thanks for the kind words, its been a tough day, its good when fans can be classy in victory as well as defeat, hope you represent the the big 12 well in your bowl, if your D plays like it did tonight you shouldnt have any problems