Cosmos

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Really enjoying the series. Makes me wish I had paid more attention when I was student. Fascinating. Last night destroyed the young earth theory.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I watched for about 5 minutes last night but I just couldn't get past how ridiculous the host was so I changed it. Subject matter fascinates me though.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Tyson who? I changed the channel after a couple minutes of some guy talking and making ridiculous facial expressions. I have no idea what his name was.
Neil DeGrasse Tyson I think is his name?

He's just a middle aged black guy. Couldn't be more average in my estimation.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They need to show less of the commentator whoever he would be and more pictures.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Just an average expert in astronomy and astrophysics. I think he does a pretty great job at relating the subject material to the audience, especially considering how difficult some of the concepts can be to understand.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
To paraphrase a line from the show.

It's sad that we can name every mass murderer in the U.S. but don't know who Neil DeGrasse Tyson is.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012

The original Cosmos got him into the field and he had some interaction with Carl Sagan, which I think is cool. As for the subject matter, it just isn't for me.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Just an average expert in astronomy and astrophysics. I think he does a pretty great job at relating the subject material to the audience, especially considering how difficult some of the concepts can be to understand.

Agreed. He is very good at explaining things in laymen terms. I've always enjoyed his approach to the very complex topics he covers.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

Yeah that was him. Something about him was odd and I just couldn't watch. Maybe I'll give it another shot, like I said the information is fascinating to me.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
In before Cave. :)

This is a pretty interesting show, and I really appreciate being able to watch it with my kids. Really nice to have a television show that celebrates human achievement and science.

Can't tell which is more surprising - that the show has Seth McFarlene as an executive producer or that the show is on Fox!

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I only caught the first episode of the series so far and missed the rest. Does anyone know if they ever re-air the episodes? or if they are possibly available to stream somewhere? Very interesting show and I'm a fan of Tyson. Typical astronomy/physics nerd but I feel like he makes the material easy to comprehend.

Also here's another thread on the show..
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173493&highlight=cosmos

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Oh yeah I think he is a great mind and an even greater communicator because he can appear to be average. There is nothing average about his contribution to science and getting regular people involved in it.

I'm just saying he isn't wild or cooky and he doesn't have weird schtick or look like a stereotypical nerdy scientist so I am not sure how he could be considered ridiculous.

Also, as someone who took Physics 221, 222, Physical Chem 325, Quantum Chem 324 at ISU, along with some other related courses, and still doesn't understand jack **** about most of it, I agree about the difficulty.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I only caught the first episode of the series so far and missed the rest. Does anyone know if they ever re-air the episodes? or if they are possibly available to stream somewhere? Very interesting show and I'm a fan of Tyson. Typical astronomy/physics nerd but I feel like he makes the material easy to comprehend.

I should have opened my own link before posting. Episodes are available to stream on Hulu if anyone else was interested.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
I only caught the first episode of the series so far and missed the rest. Does anyone know if they ever re-air the episodes? or if they are possibly available to stream somewhere?

I've been watching on the FoxNow app. I think they are also up on Hulu.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I really don't care about anything beyond the moon or how some theories came to be.
meanwhile-in-america-11a143.jpg
:jimlad:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Full episodes on fox.com. Install adblock in chroms and you should be able to watch commercial free.