Bug Couldn't quick-reply to thread - "Become a Patreon"

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I was attempting to reply to a thread just now, and I couldn't click anywhere in the reply box except for where the "Become a Patreon" overlay was.

Funny thing is, I'm already a Patreon.

So, it looks like I can create a new thread here. But can't reply to a thread elsewhere?

Edit: I just tested. I was able to click the Reply link in the OP to quote his post and reply to it. But I was unable to use the quick-reply link at the end of the last post. It would not let me type in it. The only thing I could do in it was click the "Become a Patreon" button, which then redirected me to the Patreon site.

Edit2: And now. I went back to that thread. Now the overlay is gone, and I can use the quick-reply text box. This is weird.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was attempting to reply to a thread just now, and I couldn't click anywhere in the reply box except for where the "Become a Patreon" overlay was.

Funny thing is, I'm already a Patreon.

So, it looks like I can create a new thread here. But can't reply to a thread elsewhere?

Edit: I just tested. I was able to click the Reply link in the OP to quote his post and reply to it. But I was unable to use the quick-reply link at the end of the last post. It would not let me type in it. The only thing I could do in it was click the "Become a Patreon" button, which then redirected me to the Patreon site.

Edit2: And now. I went back to that thread. Now the overlay is gone, and I can use the quick-reply text box. This is weird.
Whatever you're smoking...maybe you should share it? ;)

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Has happened a few times to me too, reloading the page fixes it for me though.