COVID Extra Year of Eligibility?

Gilbyone

Nov 8, 2020
Does anybody know if ISU players are eligible for an additional year due to COVID as per earlier NCAA statements? If so, do they count against the NCAA team/scholarship maximum? If they are eligible who would we want back? Who would need the extra year for NFL consideration?

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
... If they are eligible who would we want back? ...

Every damn one of them!

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Does this mean I have five years of eligibility or would I have played this year?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Does anybody know if ISU players are eligible for an additional year due to COVID as per earlier NCAA statements? If so, do they count against the NCAA team/scholarship maximum? If they are eligible who would we want back? Who would need the extra year for NFL consideration?
This year doesn't count. Returning seniors don't count towards the 85 in 2021. In 2022 everyone will count towards the 85.

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
Everyone can come back but can a school afford to have everyone come back? Even if they don't count against the scholarship limits for one year, scholarships cost the school money. Other schools (i.e.: WI) in the spring season said adios to their graduating SRs. They might regret that now as they consider football. I haven't seen any firm comments or commitments from our university or our players regarding who is coming back and what their status will be, so this is still a fair question. This will affect every athlete and school for the next 2-3 years in all sports so maybe the NCAA needs to evaluate this beyond one year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron