NFL: Cowboys fork over big money to Barber and Newman

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They'll find a way to blow it come the playoffs again. TO and Pacman will add their fair share of distractions and Romo has yet to show he can win a big game when it counts.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Oh yeah, and add to poke more fun at Romo... he dated 2 singers and then puts on this performance at Wrigley not long ago: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYY9jc8R5o]YouTube - Tony Romo 7th Inning Stretch Wrigley Field[/ame] wow, save yourself the embarrassment and decline. He did try to save face by just letting the crowd sing parts of it.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
Oh yeah, and add to poke more fun at Romo... he dated 2 singers and then puts on this performance at Wrigley not long ago: YouTube - Tony Romo 7th Inning Stretch Wrigley Field wow, save yourself the embarrassment and decline. He did try to save face by just letting the crowd sing parts of it.
Dating Carrie and Jessica means he should be able to sing? So dating Tony means Carrie and Jessica should be able to read defenses?:confused:

I don't mind people hating the Cowboys. It means they've done well in the past. Most people don't hate teams that have never won anything. Well, except for hating the Cubs.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't mind people hating the Cowboys. It means they've done well in the past. Most people don't hate teams that have never won anything. Well, except for hating the Cubs.

Correct.

Things Tony isn't very good at...

- Singing.
- Making "wise" relationship decisions (IMO).

Things he is good at...

- Making plays.
- Avoiding a pass rush.
- Completing passes.
- Winning.

The whole "can't win the big one comment" makes me chuckle. Manning was tabbed as that guy too (of note, Romo is no Payton Manning). What people always fail to realize is it's not just up to the QB. Romo didn't play his best game in either playoff game - but I'd contend he played well enough for his team to win both of them. Dumb turnovers in that Seattle game put Dallas in the position to kick that late FG - Romo played very well up to that point and then - drops the damn snap.

In the game against the Giants, our secondary played horribly, Crayton drops one key pass and quites on the route on another and Fasano drops an easy one in the end zone.

It's a team game. I'd contend that right now, the Dallas Cowboys can't win the "big one".

aweb84

Apr 21, 2008
St Louis Park, MN
I agree with the post in the article, they should have signed a WR because after TO they don't have anyone. I can see the Barber signing but I don't know if Newman was worth it.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
They should have signed a WR because after TO they don't have anyone. I can see the Barber signing but I don't know if Newman was worth it.

I think both guys are worth it - Newman has proved his worth many time. He's not labeled a "shut down" corner for nothing.

I do agree about receiver though. Early in the season, I would've said Crayton was going to be a very solid if not good #2 receiver - maybe even #1 eventually.

But it seemed like he (as with a few other guys) lost motivation/concentration as the season wore on. That playoff game against the Giants was not Crayton's only sour performance - he had others. Of course, him running his yap didn't help.

We saw what kind of offense Dallas had without TO in the lineup, as much as I hate to say that. Dallas wasn't nearly the same threat and I'd hope there is still something Jerry has planned to address that position.

FWIW...I'm still not sold on Wade. I think it was good change-up compared to Parcells - for a while. But late in the season, I watched discipline and the undying desire to win slowly dissipate. I still wonder if Wade should be selling insurance or on the beach in Hawaii sipping Mai Tai's instead of coaching football.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
They didn't have discipline early in the season, either.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
They didn't have discipline early in the season, either.

Penalty wise, I agree. However, the team was playing well and hungry. Plus, winning cures all ails.

Later in the season I didn't see that same hunger, intensity and urgency.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Dating Carrie and Jessica means he should be able to sing? So dating Tony means Carrie and Jessica should be able to read defenses?:confused:

It's irony, not saying by dating singers he should be able to sing but for goodness sake he is very bad at it! :biglaugh:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I doubt he spent a lot of time working on his oral skills with either of them.

Well...vocal skills that is...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
cfiles36224.jpg

349559-Ste-and-Sandra-with-Giant-Fork-1.jpg