Crazy prediction for Texas game

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I'm gonna go WAY out on the limb and predict the x-factor in this game is gonna be Re-al Mitchell.

CMC has been keeping him under wraps, and there are four games left in the season, just enough so that Re-al won't burn a year of eligibility. Texas has no film on Re-al, and I doubt he is someone they've even thought about preparing for.

The first half, when our #1 tailback is unavailable, just might be the perfect time to introduce Re-al to the Longhorn defense. Not sure, though, where they will play him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and Purdy are in the same huddle for some plays.

Then again, playing in a monumental game in front of 100,000 hostile fans is not exactly the best time to have a true freshman make their debut, so chances are I'll be wrong. Just got this sneaking suspicion Re-al is gonna surprise some folks this weekend.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why does this kid get brought up every week? What’s the obsession?

mke6pryqhify3vayyvvy.jpg

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
If he doesn’t know why he gets brought up each week he’s also not going to understand that reference.
Lol fully aware just think it’s funny that people are obsessed with when he will play. Purdy is playing lights out yet I see Real’s name mentioned just as much.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't see him getting in the game. I'd love to see him get some playing time, but I have a hard time seeing CMC putting him in a high-pressure situation without having any meaningful reps. Campbell doesn't strike me as a big surprise/gimmick guy. The 2 point conversion last week seemed like an outlier on the season.

IMO, there's a reason the guys that are playing now are playing. I think we eventually see a ton of Re-al, just not against TX.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I like the craziness in you, OP. Would be awesome if it comes true! Saturday can't come fast enough!!

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
If we are going crazy predictions then kene will lead iowa state in rushing yards

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't see him getting in the game. I'd love to see him get some playing time, but I have a hard time seeing CMC putting him in a high-pressure situation without having any meaningful reps. Campbell doesn't strike me as a big surprise/gimmick guy. The 2 point conversion last week seemed like an outlier on the season.

IMO, there's a reason the guys that are playing now are playing. I think we eventually see a ton of Re-al, just not against TX.

The odds would suggest you'll be correct. That's why I called my prediction crazy.

However, CMC is not risk-averse. He revamped his entire defense in the middle of the season last year, decided start a 3rd string QB (who had thrown only 5 passes his entire career) in Norman, and inserted a 3rd string QB against a rated Oky State team in Stillwater. He's not dumb, but he's also not afraid of risk.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid