Creigton - Wichita State

fwiw

May 20, 2009
Creighton at Wichita State on ESPN2. Shockers currently up 4 -- make that 2 with 4 mins to go, first half.

How tall is Chapman for CU? 5'3" maybe??

Of course the announcers have already mentioned D. McD and Larry Bird the same sentence. Sure.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Wichita State is no joke, they'll be a top 20 team tomorrow(who has won 18 in a row at home) and they have more wins over top 25 teams than we do.....CU/WSU is a huge rivalry, that was as a physical a game as you'd see in any conference and a lot of fun to watch.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
How long will Chuey be at Creighton after Doug leaves? 2 years max unless he follows Dougie out.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Good. Pretenders, just like I figured. If you can't beat Wichita State, even though they are a good team, you don't deserve to be in the top 20.

Wichita State at home is not an easy task. I wouldn't pencil in ISU a certain win there. Carry on with your delusional rants as usual. And Creighton is good whether you want to admit it or not.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
How long will Chuey be at Creighton after Doug leaves? 2 years max unless he follows Dougie out.
Altman was a hell of a coach and left a really good roster for McD, who luckily got a second chance to recruit his son. Without Altman and Doug, McD would be much, much closer to the McD ISU knows.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Altman was a hell of a coach and left a really good roster for McD, who luckily got a second chance to recruit his son. Without Altman and Doug, McD would be much, much closer to the McD ISU knows.

They only have 1 player in their rotation who was recruited by Altman.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
playing at wichita is a very tough game

especially if the refs allow them to play their physical defense (kinda like playing @ uni)

i wouldnt like our odds there this year

both teams will be in the tourney come march

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
With Creighton you just need to deny Dougie the ball, and hope their other guys are off on the three's. I hope we have more options than that.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield

this is CYCLONEFANATIC

not a creighton board

please discuss all things related to other programs elsewhere

or does that only apply if i discuss iowa when talking about a recruit isu had offered?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
this is CYCLONEFANATIC

not a creighton board

please discuss all things related to other programs elsewhere

or does that only apply if i discuss iowa when talking about a recruit isu had offered?

Not surprised you completely whiffed on understanding that comment. There is a difference between posting an ISU-centric, and slanted, post in a Creighton thread and your post history. You see, I tend to turn most threads into an ISU-centric discussion, with ISU being the protagonist. You know, when you are a fan of ISU, that is to be expected. Even non-ISU fans would find it hard to not post positively about ISU, but that is seemingly the case for you.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
With Creighton you just need to deny Dougie the ball, and hope their other guys are off on the three's. I hope we have more options than that.

Watching what they did against Wichita State (a team who is as big, physical and athletic as any team in the country) shows how to beat them. Doug got his points, no one else did, Creighton lost. The thing is, Creighton won't play too many teams who play defense the way the Shockers do. Heck, not many teams in the nation do.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that Creighton has a good team. Dougie is a load...actually Niang reminds me a lot of Doug as a FR. GMac got lucky snagging Eschenique from Rutgers and Gibbs from Gonzaga. I wish that ISU would have went after Gibbs harder. He's just a solid player. Creighton is going to take a hit losing Gibbs and Eschenique. And when Doug leaves, they are really going to feel it. I don't know that GMac will be able to replace those guys. They'll still be a good mid major program, but not at the level they are now. And if they do end up in the new Catholic league, they're going to have trouble competing. That's going to be a step up from the MVC. I still think that GMac is a good coach. He was just in over his head at this level. He's not going to be able to load up on wins against crap teams in the new conference (if they get the invite).

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Watching what they did against Wichita State (a team who is as big, physical and athletic as any team in the country) shows how to beat them. Doug got his points, no one else did, Creighton lost. The thing is, Creighton won't play too many teams who play defense the way the Shockers do. Heck, not many teams in the nation do.

Just watched the last few minutes and Doug didn't seem to get the ball much.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Just watched the last few minutes and Doug didn't seem to get the ball much.

They made him work, nearly every shot he took was contested but Doug does almost all of his work before he gets the ball. He is always in great position, WSU just pushed him around to keep him out of his spots. Everytime he got to his spots, he scored, they just limited those chances. Throughout his career, they've done the best job against him hands down. Anyone looking to beat Creighton, just needs to watch the tapes of the games against wichita the last few years.