Crooks appreciation thread

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Crooks has far exceeded expectations. I am a certified Crooks Stan.

Plus she has the personality and confidence to be more of a media feature for ISU. It's not the programs culture but I think they could promote her more in the future and let her shine some in media outside of stuff just produced by ISU. Downside is we don't have a real network like the Big Ten has where they talk about players/teams all of the time. We don't have a conference lead in program or post game TV on ESPN+ where most of our games are ending up this season. Tuning in to stream something specific isn't the same as turning on a main channel featuring your conference 24/7.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Plus she has the personality and confidence to be more of a media feature for ISU. It's not the programs culture but I think they could promote her more in the future and let her shine some in media outside of stuff just produced by ISU. Downside is we don't have a real network like the Big Ten has where they talk about players/teams all of the time. We don't have a conference lead in program or post game TV on ESPN+ where most of our games are ending up this season. Tuning in to stream something specific isn't the same as turning on a main channel featuring your conference 24/7.

Even in the heat of battle tonight she had a couple of times where she flashed that great smile of hers. She is an amazing young lady.

Hung around waiting for crowd to thin out and after she did radio she was all over chatting with people.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
As she adjusts to the speed of the game, good times are ahead for her. If Iowa is the #4 ranked team nationally, their Bigs had their problems trying to guard her. Seemed like BF did not have her on the floor much when Iowa pulled away so her conditioning for 4 quarters probably isn’t there yet.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
As she adjusts to the speed of the game, good times are ahead for her. If Iowa is the #4 ranked team nationally, their Bigs had their problems trying to guard her. Seemed like BF did not have her on the floor much when Iowa pulled away so her conditioning for 4 quarters probably isn’t there yet.
I haven't seen where her conditioning has been a problem in games this year. I think Bill went small late trying to better guard Clark at the three point line. Clark was getting open three point looks all night whenever our two centers were on the floor just by Iowa's center setting a high screen.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy and MJ29

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I haven't seen where her conditioning has been a problem in games this year. I think Bill went small late trying to better guard Clark at the three point line. Clark was getting open three point looks all night whenever our two centers were on the floor just by Iowa's center setting a high screen.

She has done a great job in getting into Div 1 shape and agree that in this slow paced game she was "gassed". This was not the up and down the court pace that Iowa wanted and would have maybe called for her to get a rest. We did go small late in the game. The odd gal out was Natabou.

Reactions: acoustimac

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
She has done a great job in getting into Div 1 shape and agree that in this slow paced game she was "gassed". This was not the up and down the court pace that Iowa wanted and would have maybe called for her to get a rest. We did go small late in the game. The odd gal out was Natabou.
It was interesting that Bill played Bristow at the 5 late in the game. I think that was a good adjustment to try and limit Clark's three point looks, but I'm not sure why we were trying to get Bristow the ball in the post. I think she has a ton of upside because she is very athletic and long, but I thought we had better offensive options late in the game than that.

Reactions: LurkingClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm a huge fan of her. She's quick, good hands, finishes well, and gives 100% all the time. She was so well spoken after the game last night.

I heard last year she'd stay after her games and help clean up the gym.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron