Cryptocurrency

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I realize that market cap isn't 100% accurate but it's a good indicator on where the market is at. What is a better statistic? 24hr volume?

The only thing market cap measures is the amount of money that is tied up in cryptos. That's it. And it doesn't even make sense to use it like that if they are supposed to be currencies. Nobody talks about the Market cap of Pesos or Euros.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
The only thing market cap measures is the amount of money that is tied up in cryptos. That's it. And it doesn't even make sense to use it like that if they are supposed to be currencies. Nobody talks about the Market cap of Pesos or Euros.
Well when the market cap increases tipically so does the value of cryptoccurrencies. Pesos or Euros are fiat currency backed by a government.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: flycy and Macloney

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Well when the market cap increases tipically so does the value of cryptoccurrencies. Pesos or Euros are fiat currency backed by a government.

Just lol, using Market Cap as if it is a thing that is important in one breath and then screaming that Crypto is a currency and not a speculative bubble in the next one.

I think you should look up some Youtube videos about what Market Capitilization is and where it matters.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Just lol, using Market Cap as if it is a thing that is important in one breath and then screaming that Crypto is a currency and not a speculative bubble in the next one.

I think you should look up some Youtube videos about what Market Capitilization is and where it matters.
So what is a better indicator on where the market is at? Do you know how the price of a cryptocurrency is measured? Market cap of a certain coin/ circulating supply. NEO has a market cap of $3,279,965,000 divid that by 65,000,000 NEO *= $51.46

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So what is a better indicator on where the market is at? Do you know how the price of a cryptocurrency is measured? Market cap of a certain coin/ circulating supply. NEO has a market cap of $3,279,965,000 divid that by 65,000,000 NEO *= $51.46

I'll give you a hint: Market Cap is used when discussing stocks, not currencies.

Another hint: "In circulation" implies that people are using Cryptocurrencies primarily to buy things as opposed to purchasing and holding them in the hopes they increase in value. Maybe look up some youtube videos on "speculation" as well.

• Funny
Reactions: Playboi Carti

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
1 billion koins will be "minted," so $1.5 billion!

And yesterday it was zero? That's an increase of $1.5 billion in just one day! Hot damn, sounds like your the real deal. We all better get in. MDKcoin can only go up!

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

The problem with market cap is this: I have a 100 coins. I sell 1 to a guy for $1. Market cap is now $100. Another guy says I want to buy 1, I’ll pay $2! Market cap just doubled to $200. Yet 98 of those coins sit in the founders lap and only $3 has been spent. It’s a horrible judge of what something is worth in this space, especially across all crypto

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
The problem with market cap is this: I have a 100 coins. I sell 1 to a guy for $1. Market cap is now $100. Another guy says I want to buy 1, I’ll pay $2! Market cap just doubled to $200. Yet 98 of those coins sit in the founders lap and only $3 has been spent. It’s a horrible judge of what something is worth in this space, especially across all crypto
And this isn't even mentioning the part where the extreme volatility of crypto means it's "market cap" can flucuate by the millions daily. That's why it's a useless measurement -- it varies wildly.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
And this isn't even mentioning the part where the extreme volatility of crypto means it's "market cap" can flucuate by the millions daily. That's why it's a useless measurement -- it varies wildly.

Right, but that’s why it can fluctuate like that as well. That 3rd coin could only sell for $.50 and now our market cap is $50. It’s stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I'll give you a hint: Market Cap is used when discussing stocks, not currencies.

Another hint: "In circulation" implies that people are using Cryptocurrencies primarily to buy things as opposed to purchasing and holding them in the hopes they increase in value. Maybe look up some youtube videos on "speculation" as well.
your good at avoiding the question

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney