Ct. Football Trip

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007
With a quick look at Google Maps I think Bradley International Airport would be the best choice.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Airports within 25 miles of Storrs:
(BDL) Windsor Locks - 24 miles

Airports within 50 miles of Storrs:
Airport above plus
(WST) Westerly - 41 miles
(PVD) Providence - 42 miles
(HVN) New Haven - 50 miles

Airports within 70 miles of Storrs:
Airports above plus
(BID) Block Island - 56 miles
(EWB) Fall River/New Bedford - 67 miles

Airports within 100 miles of Storrs:
Airports above plus
(BOS) Boston - 74 miles
(ISP) Islip - 82 miles
(MHT) Manchester - 88 miles
(MVY) Martha's Vineyard - 89 miles
(HPN) Westchester County - 91 miles
(SWF) Newburgh - 94 miles

Airports within 150 miles of Storrs:
Airports above plus
(ALB) Albany - 102 miles
(HYA) Hyannis - 102 miles
(PVC) Provincetown - 106 miles
(LGA) New York - 110 miles
(JFK) New York - 114 miles
(TEB) Teterboro - 115 miles
(ACK) Nantucket - 119 miles
(CDW) Caldwell - 124 miles
(RUT) Rutland - 124 miles
(LEB) Hanover - 126 miles
(EWR) Newark - 126 miles
(MMU) Morristown - 132 miles

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Airports within 25 miles of Storrs:
(BDL) Windsor Locks - 24 miles

Airports within 50 miles of Storrs:
Airport above plus
(WST) Westerly - 41 miles
(PVD) Providence - 42 miles
(HVN) New Haven - 50 miles

Airports within 70 miles of Storrs:
Airports above plus
(BID) Block Island - 56 miles
(EWB) Fall River/New Bedford - 67 miles

Airports within 100 miles of Storrs:
Airports above plus
(BOS) Boston - 74 miles
(ISP) Islip - 82 miles
(MHT) Manchester - 88 miles
(MVY) Martha's Vineyard - 89 miles
(HPN) Westchester County - 91 miles
(SWF) Newburgh - 94 miles

Airports within 150 miles of Storrs:
Airports above plus
(ALB) Albany - 102 miles
(HYA) Hyannis - 102 miles
(PVC) Provincetown - 106 miles
(LGA) New York - 110 miles
(JFK) New York - 114 miles
(TEB) Teterboro - 115 miles
(ACK) Nantucket - 119 miles
(CDW) Caldwell - 124 miles
(RUT) Rutland - 124 miles
(LEB) Hanover - 126 miles
(EWR) Newark - 126 miles
(MMU) Morristown - 132 miles

Looking at those options, Boston is probably your best choices for being able to get a decently cheap ticket. I flew CID to BOS over labor day last year for about $300 a ticket. New York would be another option, but would be more of a hassle getting to UCONN from there.

A lot of those airports are either General Aviation (like Martha's Vineyward), or no bigger than the Des Moines Airport (Like Albany), so you'd have several connections, which drives up price and reduces your options.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Looking at those options, Boston is probably your best choices for being able to get a decently cheap ticket. I flew CID to BOS over labor day last year for about $300 a ticket. New York would be another option, but would be more of a hassle getting to UCONN from there.

A lot of those airports are either General Aviation (like Martha's Vineyward), or no bigger than the Des Moines Airport (Like Albany), so you'd have several connections, which drives up price and reduces your options.
I've been looking at BDL and those tickets actually look pretty cheap. $300 - $350 round trip from DSM.

I'll probably fly into Boston because we have a wedding that Saturday there. I'm hoping for an early game and a late wedding so I can make both!

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless

I would agree. Boston is really easy to get in and out of plus they have more flights etc. Then Saturday after the game it has some good places to hang out etc. Plus 74 miles is a good drive just to get out and see/experience the area. Have fun.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Ill be flying into Washington (Reagan). I know it is a ways away, but that way my mother can pick me up (she lives about 1 hr. away) and it is a very easy airport to go in and out of. I have never had an issue flying into Reagan. Ill probably drive up that Saturday and make it there just in time to get a little Ames Iowa tailgating in, then off to watch what I hope is a BIG Cyclone road Victory.....

vclone

Apr 11, 2006
BDL (Bradley International Airport) is the nearest airport. Southwest flies to Bradley. I used to live 2 exits from BDL. Boston & Providence airports will be the next best bet especially if you want to travel around Boston.

Getting to Long Island (ISP) and other New York City airports is a hassle. There is more traffic and rental cars/hotels are also usually more expensive.

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
If you fly out of kc you can go to Hartford for 217 which isn't at all bad

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I have some buddies going (may be going myself) and they're flying into Newark. One of our buddies from college lives up in Hudson, NY and he's going to come down and pick everyone up, and we'll drive to the game from his place (about 2 hrs to Hartford).

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
FYI, the game is in Hartford not Storrs.
I was just going to bring this up. UCONN plays in East Hartford.

Also Bradley would be your best airport to fly into. Easy access in and out. I have flown from there serveral times as I have family just south of Hartford.