Pitchers for the Sox:
Masset
Linebrink
Dotel
Logan
Carrasco

Pitchers for the Cubs:
Hill
(and if the press release has it right:)
Asciano
Cotts
Hart
Lahey
Pignatiello
Hill
Walrond

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Good to hear Hawk again. Masset looks a bit more trim than last year.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Three groundouts around a Hoffpauir double that would have been brought in by a real centerfielder.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Rich Hill, of the 28 year old prospects, takes 6 pitches to throw his first strike, on which he allows the leadoff guy to steal second. :)

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
heh, ozzie with thome batting with a 3-0 count

"he's got the green light, but he better hit a home run"

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Wow, Rich Hill looks like crap.

Not getting his breaking stuff over and missing the zone with his 86 mph gas.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Paul Konerko thrown out stealing second.

Ozzie must have been tired of seeing us hit.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Wow, Rich Hill looks like crap.

Not getting his breaking stuff over and missing the zone with his 86 mph gas.
Missed most of the broadcast today, so I don't know if the Sox announcers talked about Hill's delivery. Don't read too much into his spring stats because he's working on a new, shorter delivery to try and cut down on the SB.

When pitchers tinker with their delivery, it's never pretty. My guess is they'll work most of spring to try and iron out the kinks. If he can't get comfortable with it, they'll probably revert back to his old delivery and rely on Soto to keep the running game in check.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Missed most of the broadcast today, so I don't know if the Sox announcers talked about Hill's delivery. Don't read too much into his spring stats because he's working on a new, shorter delivery to try and cut down on the SB.

When pitchers tinker with their delivery, it's never pretty. My guess is they'll work most of spring to try and iron out the kinks. If he can't get comfortable with it, they'll probably revert back to his old delivery and rely on Soto to keep the running game in check.

That was going off of what I saw. He was missing A LOT and his curveball wasn't the one dropping into the zone that I saw a lot from him when he was doin better last year.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Oh Cottsy, how far you've fallen. Crede, who's batting somewhere around .050, just misses a homer, ends up with a double.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
He can certainly be hit an miss with his curveball, which can hurt Hill a lot because his fastball is not overpowering. If he's missing with the curve, and has to rely on his fastball, he usually gets hit pretty hard.

I'll worry about his struggles if they continue into the season. Spring is for working out the kinks, and Hill is definitely toying with a new delivery.

On another note, I think the Cubs rotation is good enough to win the division, but they need another front-end pitcher if they want to make any noise in the playoffs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron